Could you guys check me out?

King_JCD

|K3|'s Sprite King
|K3| Member
|K3| Media Team
Hey y'all, so I recently made my first online portfolio on Behance, and I was wondering if you guys could check it out and tell me if it's any good?

The link is http://king_jcd.prosite.com/
Thanks y'all, I really appreciate any feedback!

Joonikko

Shades, eternal shades.
|K3| Member
|K3| Media Team
Otherwise good, but a portfolio is for your best works, so you don't want to have words like "practice graphics" floating around the page.

Funny quotes aren't good for a portfolio either, so you might want to remove the one on the contacts page. Also remove the "So you might be asking, who is this guy?" Also add something else than just a Twitter handle to contact you, email etc.

Storky

Rawr
|K3| Moderator
Recruitment Team
No, I haven't trademarked or copyrighted any of my work yet. Should I? (I'm new to the whole online publishing thing, so I don't know)
Yes unless you want people stealing them and saying they're theirs!

There are a few watermarking software that trial for free.. might aswell as it's free & easy.

Or you could do it yourself in photoshop or something.

King_JCD

|K3|'s Sprite King
|K3| Member
|K3| Media Team
@Storky Should I go through the whole trademark n copyright process for each one, or will watermarking all of em be sufficient?

Storky

Rawr
|K3| Moderator
Recruitment Team
@Storky Should I go through the whole trademark n copyright process for each one, or will watermarking all of em be sufficient?
Just watermark for now, copyright and trademark your website. That should cover the content although I'm not very knowledgeable on the laws associated (@MikeK is the one doing law :D).

I just know that without a watermark, you cannot prove it is yours.

King_JCD

|K3|'s Sprite King
|K3| Member
|K3| Media Team
@Storky Forgive my ignorance, but how does the watermark prove it's mine? Technically, couldn't someone else take it and claim that I was using their image?[DOUBLEPOST=1398442432][/DOUBLEPOST]I don't see how the watermark changes that

Storky

Rawr
|K3| Moderator
Recruitment Team
@Storky Forgive my ignorance, but how does the watermark prove it's mine? Technically, couldn't someone else take it and claim that I was using their image?[DOUBLEPOST=1398442432][/DOUBLEPOST]I don't see how the watermark changes that

The watermark will be your name or sigil, unique only to you. So if some random person on the Internet has a picture with "King_JCD" on the front of it, it'd be difficult for them to prove it's theirs.

The idea behind a watermark is to add the image (name or sigil) to your picture, in such a way, that trying to remove the watermark will change the original in an obvious manner. So for example, if you have a HUGE "KING_JCD" accross the front of the drawing (transparent so you can actually see your work lol), and someone comes along and photoshops it out, it will ruin the image.

watermark.png

King_JCD

|K3|'s Sprite King
|K3| Member
|K3| Media Team
@Storky Ooh. Ok. Yea that makes sense. It didn't occur to me that the watermark should be specific to me,I thought it would end up being generic, like a symbol or something. Now it makes sense XD[DOUBLEPOST=1398528286][/DOUBLEPOST]@Storky ok I watermarked em. Could you check it out and tell me if I did it right, sometime? (Sorry I just really wanna be sure I'm doing it right)

Last edited:
Top Bottom