Population of thoust Promodian Server.

Storky

Rawr
|K3| Moderator
Recruitment Team
Hey guys, I'm sure everyone knows now our Promod server has final round KILLCAM on it (yay).

I just took a look at the Echelon connections and we have on average 20 people joining it a day (only to find that no-ones on and leaving).

There is no reason why it shouldn't be populated.

Therefore with a little effort can we please all join it if you're not doing anything?

TheDude

Dudesicle
|K3| Member
There are a couple of reasons it's not populated.

The first is that no one is on regularly.

The second is that sometimes when people get on, someone like preston comes on and kicks their ass and makes them leave.

The third is that were just running regular promod server when there are a couple others that people frequent and dont need to come to ours.

It might also have to do with maps and rotation, but that's really trying to read people's preferences.

How to deal with these?

The first is that people should get on regularly. I do not. I'm sorry about that. 2pm-7pm est is a good time for populating servers. Also, regular matches would be fun. The game type of SnD doesn't really facilitate late joining and hanging out and screwing around, though.

Secondly, if there is a noob on the server, you don't need to womp his ass. Well.... maybe you do, but that's a personal problem. If you want people to join, make an environment that is accepting of all player types and skill levels. I think many people view this game as a place to assert dominance over other people a little too much.

The last is to make our promod server different in a way that pleases everyone in the clan. This could boil down simply to the way we talk to and hang out with people on the server. Most of the time, though, that doesn't cut it. So what are ways our server could be special that would be acceptable to or liked by everyone in this clan?

Storky

Rawr
|K3| Moderator
Recruitment Team
The first is that people should get on regularly. I do not. I'm sorry about that. 2pm-7pm est is a good time for populating servers. Also, regular matches would be fun. The game type of SnD doesn't really facilitate late joining and hanging out and screwing around, though.

Secondly, if there is a noob on the server, you don't need to womp his ass. Well.... maybe you do, but that's a personal problem. If you want people to join, make an environment that is accepting of all player types and skill levels. I think many people view this game as a place to assert dominance over other people a little too much.

The last is to make our promod server different in a way that pleases everyone in the clan. This could boil down simply to the way we talk to and hang out with people on the server. Most of the time, though, that doesn't cut it. So what are ways our server could be special that would be acceptable to or liked by everyone in this clan?

Bro I think you are making it way too complicated. All I meant was just join the server if you have nothing to do. You are free to state your opinion but I did not intend for this to become a discussion :). Join if you can/don't if you can't.

MR.N00B!

Corporal
|K3| Member

Isn't it called PROmod for a reason?

TheDude

Dudesicle
|K3| Member
Yes. The reason isn't to shit on noobs. You're smart enough to know that.

It's called promod because its primary purpose was to set up CoD4 for level, competitive play. Perks and guns weren't removed because they were "nooby." The point is that anything that had random or "lucky" elements needed to be adjusted to ensure that there wasn't any chance involved in the outcome of the game. Some things couldn't be adjusted and were removed instead.

It's about making the game fair and equal. Not about making it harder. It's not harder. In fact, in many ways, it's easier.

My point was that if people like Ethan get on, and you want them to leave, then sure..... go tryhard and utterly destroy them and teach them just how bad they are at the game. Then they leave and might not come back.

But do we really want to make people like Ethan leave? I don't. But there's no rule about kicking ass, and I wouldn't support one, anyway. So, if you must kick everyone's ass, then do it. Just don't be all like "Why does everyone leave?!?!! Why can't we get people to stay?!?! derrrrhurrrrr."

Last edited:

mmnz

Sergeant
|K3| Member
ohhh its getting saucy in here, but i agree with dude, i dont play in promod because i know im just gonna lose non stop and feel dumb

TheDude

Dudesicle
|K3| Member
You can wipe my ass with a pine cone, but keep the babies out of it. They can't even fight back.

theGenius

|KKK|´s Dumbass
|K3| Member
i like getting my ass kicked on promod, it helps u do it better next time, if u punch a hole in ur screen everytime u get rekt, do some yoga instead of gaming.

it seems not so many play promod on eurotime, also i would play promod much more if we had some decent maps, almost just shit in rotation IMO

PrestoN

sherifolocodoco
|K3| Moderator
All the good maps are on there. Could only add Vacant and whatever the 2 popular promod custom maps are.

miniCyb3r

Slave to nothing.
|K3| Member
I don't play promod because dying constantly isn't fun. It isn't fun for the people who don't know which walls to shoot through. The only reason I play this game is because let loose and have some fun.

Deluxx3

The Stig
|K3| Member
Well I would play promod delightfully, but I am not because God damnit I suck at cod like non-other!

Nate

K3's Caribbean dude
|K3| Moderator
|K3| Media Team
promod is too competitive for me to really enjoy it...but il pop on everynow and then

Storky

Rawr
|K3| Moderator
Recruitment Team
If everybody was the best player in the world when they played a game for the first time then there would be no competition.

Experience improves skill. Enough said.

Don't like getting your ass kicked on PROMOD?
Train harder.

Top Bottom