Music Player Mac+Windows

TheDude

Dudesicle
|K3| Member
What windows player do you guys recommend?

I use itunes right now.
I am getting annoyed with it. I have a shit ton of music in different formats. Because of duplicates, it's hard to really say how much i've got, but it's above 500GB. The majority of tracks are low bitrate. More recently I have been making an effort to get music in high bitrate format. Using iTunes has been a pain trying to make and organize a library.

I also really dislike iTunes EQ. different listening devices I like to EQ differently. Especially my bedroom system. iTunes EQ doesn't have much control. Just more freq bands than most, but even then i don't know what's actually happening.

iTunes also won't play FLAC or OGG files because they aren't part of the apple ecosystem.

So I'm looking for a new player. What would you guys recommend?

The EQ isn't the most important thing. I made a thread about EQ's a while ago and no one responded.

Storky

Rawr
|K3| Moderator
Recruitment Team
I use VLC player because it plays absolutely any music file (even severely damaged ones).

It also brings a really minimalistic look, which I like because all the functions are easy to find (you don't have annoying skins with beeping graphics everywhere).

I protest to using iTunes simply because it's so slow to run.

I would also recommend WINAMP!!!

DamageINC

K3's Useless Admin
|K3| Executive
I used media jukebox for a long time and it was my favorite media player for music. For some reason it started having issues on my PC, so i had to switch to WinAmp, but it's the best I've used. The two others to try are WinAmp and Foobar. I currently use WinAmp. It's pretty good, but lacks a couple of features i'd like, but they are more convenience features.

I haven't tried foobar. The interface doesn't appeal to me.

www.jriver.com/mj/

Joonikko

Shades, eternal shades.
|K3| Member
|K3| Media Team
I used media jukebox for a long time and it was my favorite media player for music. For some reason it started having issues on my PC, so i had to switch to WinAmp, but it's the best I've used. The two others to try are WinAmp and Foobar. I currently use WinAmp. It's pretty good, but lacks a couple of features i'd like, but they are more convenience features.

You can customize Foobar's UI as much as you like. You can also install plugins / components to it to add additional features. Facets for example can display your music library in the same order as your folder structure, saving you from having to manually create playlists.

DamageINC

K3's Useless Admin
|K3| Executive
Or i can stick with what i already have. No need to change something that works.

Joonikko

Shades, eternal shades.
|K3| Member
|K3| Media Team
I currently use WinAmp. It's pretty good, but lacks a couple of features i'd like, but they are more convenience features.

I was just suggesting an alternative that you had dismissed just by not liking the UI nor bothering to try it. Also you said that Winamp was lacking some features that Foobar might possibly have. Nothing wrong in suggesting alternatives.

Or i can stick with what i already have. No need to change something that works.
What if something works better? Would you not change to that?

Top Bottom