Local area connection problems

HIBred

Foolish Mortal
|K3| Executive
OK ..having weird problems with my connection/modem ???
wired connection stopped working but wifi still works :eyebrow:
error message reads "local area connection does not have valid ip config"
did this tutorial to no avail ..

HAAAAAHHLLLPPP!

bad cable? bad modem? my wifi router runs into the same modem and works...
also have been having to reboot the modem recently(past few weeks) thoughts?

animal66

Second Lieutenant
Member of the Year
|K3|Super-Moderator
Try this (exactly as written with a space between ipconfig and /)

start>run>type in cmd. At the dos like command prompt type ipconfig /release

wait 2 minutes then type ipconfig /renew (again with a space between ipconfig and /)

see if it helps

Kreubs

|K3|Minecraft Admin
|K3| Executive
Ok, for starters, make sure IPv4 is enabled for your adapter, then set it to auto config.

WaLLy

Lieutenant General
|K3| Executive
Question: Does it happen to all PC's/Macs that are plugged in just it's just one?

HIBred

Foolish Mortal
|K3| Executive
my wifi still works..meaning my airport is plugged into same modem and works..[DOUBLEPOST=1393194463,1393193490][/DOUBLEPOST]"unable to connect to your dhcp server"
error occored while releasing interface loopback pseudo-interface 1: sysytem cannot find the file specified

Kreubs

|K3|Minecraft Admin
|K3| Executive
"unable to connect to your dhcp server"
Well, since the DHCP server is on the router, try giving that a reboot. The DHCP server deals out the IP's, the wifi could run all day without it, except it won't do much good.

HIBred

Foolish Mortal
|K3| Executive
:w00t: thx for all the help :) it was the ports on the modem ..first port(where airport wifi was connected ) is good ,the next 2 are bridged? but neither of them worked (where my ethernet used to be hooked into)
4th one works now ..switched ethernet to 4th port..so far so good :luv: you guys

HIBred

Foolish Mortal
|K3| Executive
aaaand nooooow later in the day ..with the wifi cable in the same place it's always been, airport extreme keeps going down :bh:

Top Bottom