The late shift

TheDude

Dudesicle
|K3| Member
So server 1 is lookin good. I heard bitchywoman's server went down. So much for "being dedicated to the gaming community." Looks like we are getting a lot of mid-day traffic from there. Ironically, it's basically the same traffic we got a year ago.

However, the late shift is a little lacking. This has always been the hard part, however, we definitely got the server going strong constantly for a while.

We can get server 1 going strong 24/7. It is possible. I see, even now, during the empty hours, people popping in for 10 minutes at a time, hoping someone will join. We need to capitalize on this before it ends. If we can get 5 people in the server constantly for the next couple of weeks from 10 PM EST to 2 AM EST, we can get our server being self-sufficient during the low hours, in my opinion.All those people who pop in for a couple minutes will stay.

This is very important. We will be able to use this to help populate other servers on a regular basis, and help get the other servers self suffiicient as well.

8th Infantry has a thriving server. Their owner is a piece of shit, and their moderators suck. The people who play there hate the administration, and for good reason. If they can have a thriving server, so can we.

So, to start off, I can definitely guarantee my playing time on server 1 from 10:20pm EST - 1am EST.
. . . . . . . . . . .I will be connected to the server and at my computer for this time. If the server is empty, I . . . . . . .. . . . . . .. . . . . .. . . . . . . . . .can practice guitar or something whilst I sit there.

Can anyone help in this endeavor to get the server populated during this time?

Storky

Rawr
|K3| Moderator
Recruitment Team
^^ aimed at people who are AWAKE at this time lol!

edit: i'll try leave mine in spec when im not on cod.

can't leave it overnight though as electricity bills would be insane

Last edited:

WaLLy

Lieutenant General
|K3| Executive
I can idle myself at any time beginning Monday. Unfortunately I cannot do that on the weekends :/

TheDude

Dudesicle
|K3| Member
Also, I know I'm guilty of this, too, but....

If there are only 5 people in the server, and they are having a good time.....

Don't come in and wallbang them all and tryhard pants with weaponcancel binds and headphones and make them all leave. 2 years ago, it woulda been fine, since the pool of people in cod4 seemed unlimited. Not now :smh:

mmnz

Sergeant
|K3| Member
i can sit in spectate over night all the time, i leave my computer on overnight all the time anyway and my power bill is only 70 dollars a month

MikeK

Vodka supplier
|K3| Member
@TheDude
What you are saying is a bit of utopia, IMO.
Aimbotters would join when there are no mods on and make people leave,
The server wouldn't start a new game until you manually restart it with !maprotate
and so on.

TheDude

Dudesicle
|K3| Member
server used to be populated and moderated til server restart. Aimbotters get autokicked, too. As soon as one person joins the time starts. Map restarts (enemies forfeit) if everyone leaves.

@MikeK negative nancy :p

There are totally people who are just waiting for us to get our server rolling during the late shift. They just don't wanna join and wait around for others to join.

MikeK

Vodka supplier
|K3| Member
server used to be populated and moderated til server restart. Aimbotters get autokicked, too. As soon as one person joins the time starts. Map restarts (enemies forfeit) if everyone leaves.

That's not what I was talking about.
I had to restart the server quite a few times because there was no 30 sec countdown in the end of the game and a new game wouldn't ever start. One of the times I joined and saw like 5 people waiting for a new game and asking one another what was going on.

MikeK

Vodka supplier
|K3| Member
That's odd. We should probably figure out what is going on and try and fix it?
I tried to but it's quite hard.
I had a feeling that it actually is caused by (or at least related to) that enemies forfeit in 20 , 10s countdown that you mentioned. Could happen if the only guy who's left leaves during the countdown. Could be not.

Top Bottom