BOLTS ONLY server - Killstreaks tweaks

TheDude

Dudesicle
|K3| Member
Hello,

As server 4 is a bolts only server, and you can only use BOLT SNIPER RIFLE's to kill people, how about we tweak the settings of the killstreaks to make it easier to get rid of the ones you really shouldn't use.

1. Heli health can easily be set to 0. One shot at a sniper to take it down. If you don't take it down, that's your problem. Don't complain about people calling in their helis.

2. Can Airstrikes be configured to deal no damage?

3. UAV - I'm fine with UAV being involved. However, there may be some purists out there who wish it to be a true Bolts Only server, in which case there wouldn't be any UAV.

What y'all think?

Gage

Second Lieutenant
Former Krew Member
I'm pretty sure only bolts / uav are allowed on the server. No air.
I just wish we could just get rid of airstrikes/ helicopter somehow since its useless.

correct that, just read entire post.
Yeah would prefer to set helicopter to go down with 1 sniper hit and set airstrikes to none.

TheDude

Dudesicle
|K3| Member
That's the idea I was getting, that's why I think we should tweak the killstreaks.

I know it is possible to remove the ability to call in AS and Heli, but I don't know if this is possible without creating a separate mod file.

If it's not, we should switch the killstreaks to be harmless. Helicopter health to 0, no damage, AS damage to 0.

This way, people can call in higher killstreaks safely, and get UAV again.

Gage

Second Lieutenant
Former Krew Member
or some b3 message that only Bolts Snipers / uav allowed and no air/ no flash and smoke would be nice.

Jana

Banana!
|K3|Super-Moderator
Recruitment Team
Agreeing with you two. I had a heli at Vacant and couldn´t use my UAV. No big deal but a bit annoying.

TheDude

Dudesicle
|K3| Member
Agreeing with you two. I had a heli at Vacant and couldn´t use my UAV. No big deal but a bit annoying.
Gage and I both had helis we called in to clear our killstreaks. All you have to do is wait til it arrives, then switch to spectate for about 15 seconds.

Obviously, I agree though. That is why I'm making this thread.

PrestoN

sherifolocodoco
|K3| Moderator
Airstrikes are fine tbh. I'd say just make chopper hp 1 and have it not shoot.

TheDude

Dudesicle
|K3| Member
The majority of people I have seen say no airstrikes.

Maybe the airstrike question should be put up to a vote. However, I am highly inclined to believe that the majority of people playing bolts only wish the kills to come from bolts snipers.

Gage

Second Lieutenant
Former Krew Member
yep, prefer no air in general. Noobies come in the server at times and calls in airstrikes/ helicopters which just wrecks all the players.

WaLLy

Lieutenant General
|K3| Executive
Made the following changes:
set scr_heli_armor "1"
set scr_heli_armor_bulletdamage "0.01"
set scr_heli_attract_range "4096"
set scr_heli_attract_strength "0"
set scr_heli_hardpoint_interval "180"
set scr_heli_health_degrade "0"
set scr_heli_loopmax "1"
set scr_heli_maxhealth "1" //set this to 1=helo can be shot down with pistol. 1300= default
set scr_heli_missile_engage_dist "1"
set scr_heli_missile_friendlycare "256"
set scr_heli_missile_max "0"
set scr_heli_missile_regen_time "60"
set scr_heli_missile_rof "0"
set scr_heli_missile_target_cone "1"
set scr_heli_rage_missile "0"
set scr_heli_target_recognition "0.01"
set scr_heli_target_spawnprotection "60"
set scr_heli_targeting_delay "60"
set scr_heli_turret_engage_dist "1"
set scr_heli_turret_spinup_delay "0.75"
set scr_heli_turretClipSize "0" //this is the critical item, set to 0, helo doesn't fire. Default is 40.
set scr_heli_turretReloadTime "60"
set scr_heli_visual_range "1"

As far as I can tell, there's no way to disable UAV, and AS without running a private or modded server.

Changes are in effect.

WaLLy

Lieutenant General
|K3| Executive
I've never seen a way to do it without the server being private or unranked.

Top Bottom