The NOTEBLOCK thread. HOW TO USE!

TheDude

Dudesicle
|K3| Member
Hello,

I am fairly new to the new minecraft. I stopped playing right after noteblocks and redstone was added. At that time, making a noteblock circuit took a LOT of memory and worked almost never, even when playing singleplayer. By this, I mean that even if you sequence a symphony perfectly with a perfect circuit, the notes just play out of tempo due to lag.

How are they working now?

What is the smallest, easiest way to make a circuit?

What can you tell me about listening distance?

Any other tips?

I would really like to start making some crazy underground noteblock circuits to use as doorbells and whatnot.

NickHouston

WaLLy's Personal Favorite Krew Member
|K3| Member
|K3| Media Team
The sound you get depends on what you place the noteblock on. I haven't played with noteblocks much since that video so I forget most of it.

NickHouston

WaLLy's Personal Favorite Krew Member
|K3| Member
|K3| Media Team
The way I typically use is one straight line of redstone that branches off to go to different noteblocks. Use repeaters as needed in the straight line and use them for the delay as well.

TheDude

Dudesicle
|K3| Member
wait there are repeaters now? I thought you used to have to do some weird thing with redstone torches

TheDude

Dudesicle
|K3| Member
Well, last time I played, I had to build a repeater using redstone torches with a broken redstone dust line to make a delay.

If this isn't the case, now, then it will be much easier to make noteblock circuits.

Can someone plz help?

Top Bottom