ToxicTaco64's ban appeal

Status
Not open for further replies.

ToxicTaco64

Private First Class
1. Post the name you were banned with along with any other aliases you have used on that particular server if possible.
Only one I believe I've ever used is ToxicTaco64.

2. State the date and time of your ban and any |KKK|/|K3| members, mods or admins who you think may have been on at the time.
Between 2:00 pm and 2:45 pm (PST) on January 24th, 2014. I don't know of any Admins that were on, unless Rival, or Ethan are admins. I've seen there names in the forums, so I'm just not sure.

3. State the reason for which you think you were banned.
Possibly aim assist, aimbot or wallhacking? Someone mention in chat about someone using aim assist and I thought nothing of it (concerning myself anyway). 30 seconds prior to being kicked I typed in the chat "Man I miss 4d1." Not sure why that would get me in trouble though. I was in third place on the Broadcast Hardcore FFA server, (another reason I think I may have been kicked for hacking). I was really shocked when I found out I had been banned. Almost a year of getting first place on this game and I never had any issues. Yea, I'd get the occasional accusation from randoms, but never anything serious from an Admin.

4. State your defense and any thoughts, questions, comments etc. Please refrain from insulting any of the members or mods or lying. This obviously won't go over very well.
Concerning the aim assist issue: I was most likely using an M4 with a red dot sight, which by nature has very little recoil. I have never used a hack before. I do use Deep Impact and spray through the walls of Broadcast often (they are very thin in certain areas). I've been playing on this server for probably almost over a year. I know almost all the spawn points and camping places. So knowing where people are is pretty easy.

5. Post your GUID if you can. If not, we can still find it via b3/echelon, so it's not a requirement. Instructions on how to obtain your GUID HERE < click it

When I clicked 'HERE' I got the message that said: "The requested page could not be found." I have no idea what a GUID is or how to find it.

Thanks for all your time, I'd just really just like to get back to playing.

DamageINC

K3's Useless Admin
|K3| Executive
You were banned for an apparent aim assist hack by Gage. As Animal said, will have to await his input.

Gage

Second Lieutenant
Former Krew Member
Hi ToxicTaco, I banned you after confirming it with our other mod, Nate. I began specing you after players constantly accused you of wallhacking. I stopped playing for a bit and speced you but I didn't see anything so I returned to the game. I began specing you again after you managed to no scope me from outside the sniper house as I ran into the balcony from the roof. I saw you no scope again and kill a player underneath the balcony, which is when I asked Nate to help me spec you. During the next game, I continued specing you but didn't see much.

Then there was a moment where you stayed dead for a few minutes and I wondered if you were possibly turning on hacks, that's if you did have any. You then had a few fishy kills which seemed like wallhack and a few players complained that you were wallhacking. There were also kills which did seem straight up like aim assist . Then it stopped for a few minutes and continued up again a few minutes later. This went on for a few times and after confirming it with Nate that you were toggling aim assist (also possibly wallhack) is when I decided to ban you.

ToxicTaco64

Private First Class
I Alt+Tab in and out of the game every so often, so that was probably what you saw when I was dead for a few minutes. As for the 'wallhacking kills' I was more than likely just spraying through the wall for a lucky kill. I know a lot of players who do this. Watching their kill cams makes me think they're hacking, until I think about the fact that I do the same thing. I wish you guys could come watch me play, or look at my pc or something.. I just really hate how I have no way to prove what I'm saying. Not to write a sob story, but the Broadcast server is my favorite CoD 4 server, and I'd just hate to not be able to play on it anymore. Thanks for any further consideration

Ethan

Captain
Former Krew Member
I was the guy in first place at the time, killing everything and anything that moves. I'm not a mod, and I know that they actually spent time spectating, but I did not feel like he was hacking, from a player's standpoint. He got me good a few times. I brushed it off as good aim. Gage and Nate seemed confident though, so I won't challenge their opinion.. just wanted to just state what I saw.

ToxicTaco64

Private First Class
I'd be interested if anyone had a demo, unfortunately I don't have one. In my opinion, it's just a bit harsh to ban someone for life, based off of suspicion and some time spectating. It's a little frustrating from my standpoint.

DamageINC

K3's Useless Admin
|K3| Executive
It might take a couple of days to sort out, but rest assured it will be discussed and handled fairly.

Storky

Rawr
|K3| Moderator
Recruitment Team
I'd be interested in seeing a demo too. I played with Taco for a good hour but I didn't suspect a thing.

I fully respect Gage though and his decision. There's not much I can do :p. Damage knows best.

Rival

Double Nature
Former Krew Member
I didn't really suspect anything either. Sure there were some fishy kills but I only ever watched the killcams.

TheDude

Dudesicle
|K3| Member
Dude.... spectating is how people ban.. instead of based off of a demo??? I don't think anyone had just a suspicion, though I would agree with you on the point of no bans based on them. Bans should only be made when a moderator feels 100% sure, whether they end up being wrong or right (to ere is human).

What is the difference between watching a demo and spectating for hours on end?

I understand that you are being respectful in your disagreement, but I must say, respectfully, that you are illogical. I also find it hard to believe that you play on all the big servers and never get banned, and then you come on THIS one and get banned. That's weird.

=FF=, AG, 24/7, EX, CC, ULG, ...etc. all have lower standards for bans than us, as far as I know from my experience, which might be a little dated at this point.

Try to keep it on point, mr. Taco

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom