US Internet Control

mmnz

Sergeant
|K3| Member
wow sucks to be an american, too bad canada isn't/won't be much different...

HIBred

Foolish Mortal
|K3| Executive
Thats a good article,i was trying to understand what it meant from some other post about it I saw today..but will providers throttle across the board right off the bat? who knows, also I'd like to know if they really can outright block sites..sounds bad in any case

BuckRogers

Staff Sergeant
|K3| Member
Shouldnt be too surprised - corporate greed is hardly a new invention. Surprised its taken them this long (25 years of internet) to think of this!!

DamageINC

K3's Useless Admin
|K3| Executive
What actually happens remains to be seen. For now, it's all just conjecture. The internet is so vast , it's hard for me to believe that a few companies will control everything outright. There will always be alternative solutions, imo.

Kreubs

|K3|Minecraft Admin
|K3| Executive
They will control it by making you pay up for things they don't want you to see outright.

DamageINC

K3's Useless Admin
|K3| Executive
Making? People can choose to pay or not to pay. I think there would be alternatives to paying one of the 'big few' for internet access. Maybe I'm wrong, but that's how i see it. I'm sure they will do what they can to limit or squash other methods of access, but at some point, something has to give.

Nikon

カメラマン
|K3| Member
The internet is such massive network, it would be nearly impossible for any single entity to gain any large amount of control over it. The NSA cannot cover it all nor can the Chinese keep a lid on it. How do you expect anyone else to be able to? For every web service that someone tries to block, another will come and find a way to give you access, and every service that someone tries to make you pay for, someone will show up and offer it for free.

Top Bottom