Core i5

Pugsport

Second Lieutenant
|K3| Member
anyone here got a intel core i5 cpu. just really wanted to know what they were like and if it would be any good for using as an everyday computer.

i already have 2 desktop pc. one i only use for gaming (im sure most have seen my gaming pc which is running a core i7) and the other one i use for paper work and some gaming.

my 2nd pc which is the one is use pretty much everyday for the internet some gaming is getting a bit old and slow now. i could over clock it some more but that would mean i would need to add water cooling to it and if im going to spend that much money i might aswell build a new one.

spec list i was thinking of is

Motherboard
Asus P7P55D Premium P55 Socket 1156
cpu
Intel Core i5 670 3.46ghz 4mb L3 cache
memory/RAM
Corsair 6gb (3 x 2gb) ddr3 1600mhz Dominator GT i7 Memory kit with air flow fan
DVD and BLU Ray drive
Pioneer BDR-503XLB blu ray writer & DVD RW sata black
Sony AD72415 24x DVD RW sata Daul layer + RAM burner with Lightscribe
case
Coolermaster HAF 932 (full tower case)
Hard drive
Western digital WD3000HLFS 300gb sata II 10000rpm 16mb cache
PSU
Coolermaster 1100w PSU
Graphics Card
im still not sure what card to for as yet so any ideas welcome

might add water cooling as i know the core i7 runs hot at stock speeds. also give me the option to overclock later on and if i get time ill add the water cooling specs up

Joe Momma

First Lieutenant
Former Krew Member
why a dualcore core i5..... its about as fast as a amd athlon x4 if you overclock it to around 4ghz. its not worth it. might as well get a phenom system which will be alot fasster and save you money. should see round 80-85% of i7 speeds at stock speeds. plus mobo for amd is alot cheaper than intel. if you buy intel atm ull have to buy a cpu with gpu built in or an external video card.

Joe Momma

First Lieutenant
Former Krew Member
btw what was your budget on video cards? if you want a beast and future proof, u have money or do u want something that runs modern games at max settnings?

Pugsport

Second Lieutenant
|K3| Member
i was thinking more along the lines of ati 4890 x2 the same as my gaming pc or maybe a 5890

Top Bottom