Windows 8.1 FPS massive drop

Trasgu

Second Lieutenant
Former Krew Member
So I recently updated to windows 8.1 and I have a huge drop in FPS for games and its impossible for me to play atm. For example my LOL is stuck at 6 fps with minimu graphic options. I have been looking online for a solution but nothing good comes up, I tried updating my drivers, reseting the configuration... nothing. Anyone here know how to fix this. It seems to have been common amongs 8.1 users.

Edit: I´ve tried using a driver unistaller but its giving me an error everytime I try and that I should send the log to the developpers. As if I had time for that.

Edit 2: Letting Nvidia scan and auto download a driver fixes the problem. Fuck windows!

Last edited:

Kreubs

|K3|Minecraft Admin
|K3| Executive
I had no issues with 8.1 either. I was going to say it was a bad driver installation, but then I saw your edit :p

Edit: I´ve tried using a driver unistaller but its giving me an error everytime I try and that I should send the log to the developpers. As if I had time for that.

And, yeah, I wouldn't ever recommend letting 3rd party :poop: touch any of your drivers. ever. They screw you over more than they help you, if they even do manage to help you.

Last edited:

DamageINC

K3's Useless Admin
|K3| Executive
Can you downgrade back to 8? This is why i don't mess around with updates, upgrades etc. If my stuff is working, i leave it alone.

EDIT: It's fixed ftw.

WaLLy

Lieutenant General
|K3| Executive
I let Windows update everything BUT the GPU drivers. That's one thing you have to go through the video card manufacturer website.

Top Bottom