Project BOOSTED Beetle

Pugsport

Second Lieutenant
|K3| Member
a little project we had been doing at work

Volkswagen Beetle 1.6 running R5 carb and turbo making 10 psi of boost stood still

also running Porsche brakes, suspension and wheels

BluBirD78

Master of BluballZ
|K3| Member
Nice man!

I like how the guy in the video was shaking his head like "fk yeah" :troll2:

HIBred

Foolish Mortal
|K3| Executive
NIIIIIICCEEE! my brother raced his bug back in the day , a 1600 with eliminator heads ...bored out to an 1850..dual 44 mm carbs...roll bars ..but it was uuugly lime green

Last edited:

Pugsport

Second Lieutenant
|K3| Member
Nice man!

I like how the guy in the video was shaking his head like "fk yeah" :troll2:

haha yes thats the bloke i work with but it is like fuck yeah when its stood still (the noise is awesome, like a mini race car) but when driving it the noise is something else. it drives awesome for an old car puts a grin on you face (even mine) although its not fast there is loads of turbo chatter on lift off, wastegate and looking cool side ways around roundabouts and corners.

That's awesome! Turbo or supercharged?

its running a blow throw Carb and TURBO from a Renault 5 GT Turbo

NIIIIIICCEEE! my brother raced his bug back in the day , a 1600 with eliminator heads ...bored out to an 1850..dual 44 mm carbs...roll bars ..but it was uuugly lime green

haha its an ex California drag bug so its few inchs winder than it should be stock

edit: -

its only built to this for a test so the customer can get used to driving with boost then the engine is going to be replace with a 2.0ltr type four engine and Porsche gearbox, bigger turbo and more boost (customers build)

other projects on the cards at the moment are splitty pick with a Audi V6 engine in the back or an Audi V12 diesel (show car and track days)
full carbon splitty van or old beetle (show car)
VW Lupo GTI with Mid mounted W12 engine and rear wheel drive (show car and run about and track days)
sandrail project (play and sell on)
custom type four transporter, with some carbon fibre, running on hydraulics and 19" lambo Gallardo wheels (company conversion, show van)
rat look beetle (company conversion, daily driver)
VW LT resto and Conversion (camper van for customer)
old American school bus conversion (company conversion, some where to go while at shows and of course some weekends away)

Last edited:

WaLLy

Lieutenant General
|K3| Executive
mother-of-god-o.gif

Top Bottom