Finding your Player Profile

517Houston

|KKK| Gaming Legend
|K3| Member
For the second time I spent over an hour looking for my player profile folder. I finally found this in another forum::

All Windows Operating Systems:

What you need to do is copy your mpdata file in order to back up your profile but the location changes depending on what OS your running so...

Windows XP:
C:\Program Files\Activision\players\profiles\(your profile name)

Windows Vista x86:
With UAC Disabled:
C:\Program Files\Activision\players\profiles\(your profile name)

With UAC Enabled:
C:\Users\(your username)\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files\Activision\Call of Duty 4 - Modern Warfare\players\profiles

Windows Vista x64:
With UAC Disabled:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Activision\players\profiles\(your profile name)

With UAC Enabled:
C:\Users\(your username)\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files\Activision\Call of Duty 4 - Modern Warfare\players\profiles

Then make sure your mpdata file is on like a jump drive or an external HDD this way if you ever need to reinstall you'll still have it. Then if

you ever need to restore it just copy it back into whatever folder you got it out of. Hope this helps some people out.

SOURCE
http://forums.fubar-online-gaming.com/index.php?showtopic=4287

DamageINC

K3's Useless Admin
|K3| Executive
For Windows 7

C:\Users\*Your user profile here*\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\Activision\Call of Duty 4 - Modern Warfare\players

To view the App Data folder you will need to change the folder options to show hidden files and folders.

To turn on the option go into Control panel> folder options> view tab> then check the mark next to show hidden files and folders.

Your user profile refers to your PC name.

Mine would be C:\user\Daniels build etc

WaLLy

Lieutenant General
|K3| Executive
On Windows 7

This is a bit faster:

C: >> Program Files (x86) >> Activision > Call of Duty 4- Modern Warfare

Once you're in that folder, on the top buttons, look for "Compatibility files" button. Click that and you'll see the 'players' folder you need in order to get to your player profile.

DamageINC

K3's Useless Admin
|K3| Executive
Yea, i wasnt sure if W7 had the compatibility files tab. I told Code to do that, but he said there was no tab for that.

It's deff quicker then what i posted up.

Top Bottom