short & spicy

theGenius

|KKK|´s Dumbass
|K3| Member
i have come to notice that the rounds in s1 are quite long, so i normally dont play more than 2 rounds plus the rest of the round i joined in. and i think its so for most players, almost half of the players on s1 didnt play the round from the beginning, so many players play 2 half rounds instead of 1 complete. and i would say atleast 30 % leave after each round aswell.

my suggestion is shorter matches, i think it may have the following impact.

- we would get people into the "just 1 more round" effect, wich i dont really have when the round is 30 min.
- less people leave in the middle of rounds
- more action more speed among the players ( kinda like formula 1 vs 24h)
- more people play complete rounds.

tell me watcha think.

BuckRogers

Staff Sergeant
|K3| Member
I know what you mean Anal, Id be in favour of a shorter round too. How long were you thinkng?

theGenius

|KKK|´s Dumbass
|K3| Member
i didnt think of a specific time limit, maybe 10 min/ 70kills or 15 min/100kills. sth like that

The Moment

|K3|Recruit Admin
|K3| Executive
Keep them the same. The longer the round the more people will join and stay. Shorter rounds call for more people to come in and out.

HIBred

Foolish Mortal
|K3| Executive
small-girls08.jpg
this is a vote for shorter rounds

Last edited:

rocketfish

Sergeant
Former Krew Member
Can someone edit the forum to remain on topic?
I would like shorter rounds. As of lately I play for awhile and take a break then come back and finish round. I'm sure this was a topic before and everybody just said leave it as it is.

King_JCD

|K3|'s Sprite King
|K3| Member
|K3| Media Team
I'd say why not? Lets just try 15 or so minute rounds and less kills to win for a change and see how it works out, eh?

Kreubs

|K3|Minecraft Admin
|K3| Executive
I don't really fancy short time limits with changing the score limit. As of now, the 175 kill limit is rather difficult to achieve :\ When we had 140 kills, wasn't the timer like 18 minutes or something?

BuckRogers

Staff Sergeant
|K3| Member
Do rounds finish most times based on time or Kills currently?

- - - Updated - - -

I meant MOST rounds, appreciate it could finish either way, but if its very rare for a round to finish based on kills then that level must be too high?

theGenius

|KKK|´s Dumbass
|K3| Member
Do rounds finish most times based on time or Kills currently?

- - - Updated - - -

I meant MOST rounds, appreciate it could finish either way, but if its very rare for a round to finish based on kills then that level must be too high?

it is rare for a round to finish on kills, only when the server is really full.

SiloHunter

Condescending little prick
|K3| Moderator
Absolutely not. If it ends on kills more than 5% of the time, the limit is much too short.
More people join in a 30min round than in something shorter. People who join in the 30sec restart leave. So the less overall amount of time the restart is, the better.
If it is anything shorter than people will leave sooner. If they leave after half of 30, they will leave at the end of 15.
Server time is not the problem. Dedication in populating is the problem.

WaLLy

Lieutenant General
|K3| Executive
I'm all for change if it doesn't affect the overall server population.

I tend to look at the times and score limit a little differently than most. For me, I like to achieve player retention. What happens when a round finishes? At least a third end up leaving most of the time. So, if the time limit is set at 15 minutes (score doesn't matter), there will 4 times per hour that the masses end up leaving the server. Currently it's set at roughly 20-22 minutes (can't check right now). That puts us at 3 times per hour where people leave the server. Not that big of a change but you also gotta think about, the longer the players stay, the better chance that a few extra new players can join at any given time and they'll end up staying for the next round. Rinse and repeat.

DamageINC

K3's Useless Admin
|K3| Executive
I say, if it ain't broke, don't fix it. A1 ain't broke.

Why tinker with something that's doing well?

Top Bottom