Minecraft server is getting an SSHD

WaLLy

Lieutenant General
|K3| Executive
abadedyz.jpg

Received it this morning. Backing up the server right now for the move. :)

Joonikko

Shades, eternal shades.
|K3| Member
|K3| Media Team
1000 GB SSHD?! I bet Joona will cream his pants when he sees that.

It's a regular hard drive with SSD caching. Nothing really that special about it and it can be done with a regular hard drive and an SSD that doesn't need to be that large or fast, since it's just for the cache.

I wonder how well the server would run on a ramdisk :thinking:

DamageINC

K3's Useless Admin
|K3| Executive
He's too elite to be impressed by that.

I think it's pretty cool though. They are a nice improvement over regular HDD despite not being a true SSD.

Last edited:

WaLLy

Lieutenant General
|K3| Executive
:lmao: G!!!!

Quick update. I ran into a snag (dang you mono!). Server should be back online in a few more hours. (I'm at work now).

WaLLy

Lieutenant General
|K3| Executive
Snag: Compiled 32-bit mono instead of 64-bit.
Fixed.

MC is back up and running. I also made a batch file to start McMyAdmin just in case there's an unexpected power outage while I am away. That should at least give Kreubs and D a chance to restart MC if necessary.

The Mac mini boots up a bit quicker than it used to. Apps seem to load up a bit faster as well. But that all may be just a placebo effect. Anywho, the drive is supposed to learn what gets used up most often and should hopefully learn MC is what's being ran on it. We'll see.

I haven't had a chance to jump on the MC server yet, so please let me know if there's any performance enhancement/loss/same.

Top Bottom