Minecraft server updated to 1.6.2

Kreubs

|K3|Minecraft Admin
|K3| Executive
The server is now running 1.6.2 now that bukkit finally released a new beta build. The server time will can now forever remain at noon thanks to a new server rule! :D

A list of all fixes and new goodies in 1.6.x can be found here.

edit regarding resource packs:

1.6.2 no longer uses texture packs. MC has supported HD textures since 1.4, so I am pretty sure MC patcher is not needed. I know for sure that Soartex and Sphax do not. If you used a texture pack in 1.5, you need to find an updated resource pack version. Most packs have been updated by now since 1.6 came out a month ago. Just drop the resource packs in the .minecraft/resourcepacks the same way you would texture packs. All they did in-game was change the name of the texture pack button to resource packs, so the rest is the same :D

800px-Horse_Update_image.png

Last edited:

Arcani

Second Lieutenant
Former Krew Member
woohoo
lol this is awesome - especially cuz i brought it up last night to sargass :3
hooray for kreubs

WaLLy

Lieutenant General
|K3| Executive
I sent you a PM.

I can has PM, pl0x? XD

And, the creative/survival switching was broken a few days ago. A few days ago, I didn't see the command you did the last time in McMyAdmin anymore for the Admin group. Can you add that again please? I had to manually switch gamemodes XD

Kreubs

|K3|Minecraft Admin
|K3| Executive
I can has PM, pl0x? XD

And, the creative/survival switching was broken a few days ago. A few days ago, I didn't see the command you did the last time in McMyAdmin anymore for the Admin group. Can you add that again please? I had to manually switch gamemodes XD

Sent.

I had to remove it because it caused all other permissions to go kaput :\ I haven't found a fix yet, but I have a couple ideas that still need testing.

DamageINC

K3's Useless Admin
|K3| Executive
Tutorial should be made since a lot of people use cracked versions. Also info about resource packs, not need mc patcher etc etc.

Just when things run fine, a new fkn update comes to screw everything up!

Lonsense

#Nonsense
Former Krew Member
Tutorial should be made since a lot of people use cracked versions. Also info about resource packs, not need mc patcher etc etc.

Just when things run fine, a new fkn update comes to screw everything up!

Yea. Me personally also has a cracked version. I don't even know how to get the cracked version for 1.6, still on 1.5.2 :(

Sargass

|KKK| Sargasaurus
|K3|Super-Moderator
For texture pack conversion...just download Texture ender...it convert old texture pack in ressource pack in few seconds.

http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/Resource_pack

1.Download it
2.Place it in another folder
3.As it's a .jar, open it with Java (right click->open with...->Java Platform SE binary)
4.Take your texture pack and add it
5.Wait for the conversion...when its done it makes a copy of your textpack and add "converted" at the end of the name
6.Cut and paste the converted file into Ressource pack folder
7.Select the ressource pack in-game
8.Enjoy

Working perfcetly, did it for Atherys Ascended texture pack and worked fine.

DamageINC

K3's Useless Admin
|K3| Executive
It was just easier for me to download the actual resource pack and drop it into the folder. Maybe some of the old texture packs aren't available yet as resource pack downloads.

Top Bottom