Fucking Local Cable/Internet Companies...

DamageINC

K3's Useless Admin
|K3| Executive
:LOL: So true.

The thing i hate the most is the customer service and company policies, at least when it comes to Comcast. If you have packet loss or something like that, Comcast will ALWAYS blame it on your connection (per company policy from what I've read). People have to go to insane lengths with printed out reports of continuous packet loss etc. to get any action beyond a tech coming out, resetting your modem and checking the INSIDE lines. What's maddening is, no matter how many times they do that, and no matter how many times you call with the same issue after they've done that, they always tell you and do the same damn thing then tell you everything is fine!

I've read tons of stories on the Comcast forum about some people having unresolved issues for years, or others, after 5,6,7 tries, finally get Comcast to check the outside lines and determine where in the line the problem is occurring. Wouldn't you know, they almost always find an issue on their end!

I had a friend in San diego who had a giant phone bill run up with charges to Mexico. Despite numerous disputes etc. Cox still wouldn't investigate the charges. They actually told her someone might have broken into her apt. and made the calls!

My bro got an $800 phone bill from Cox. Despite basically having proof he didn't make the calls and it was an error, they still reported it to the creditors. Buncha bitches!

Last edited:

WaLLy

Lieutenant General
|K3| Executive
Ah yeah! The wife got a $300 bill from AT&T because of some international phone calls they claim she made. We didn't know about it 'til we were car shopping a few weeks ago. And now we gotta pay for it :rolleyes:

:tf:

DamageINC

K3's Useless Admin
|K3| Executive
That's :bs: any why i probably won't ever do a cell phone contract unless i absolutely needed one. Even then, i dunno. They can charge you anything and screw you.

rocketfish

Sergeant
Former Krew Member
If it makes you feel any better,, its the same in Canada. But here we have usually two choices or what is basically dial-up speed. Recently I moved and my old internet provider told me it was $45 to transfer to another address. I told them that if I go to the other provider i get free hook-up and 6 months of discounted rates, the counter-person just looked me in the eye and said $45 to transfer. So I went to the other provider.

DamageINC

K3's Useless Admin
|K3| Executive
Lol^.

At least here when you threaten to change services or call to downgrade a package because it's too expensive, they will usually work with you and become flexible in giving you breaks or waiving some fees so they can keep your business.

DamageINC

K3's Useless Admin
|K3| Executive
And now Apparently Comcast has decided to drop MGM HD from my current package out of the blue with no warning. Just saw today that it's all of a sudden, 'not authorized.' :tf:

Was the only movie channel i got that played uncut movies.

517Houston

|KKK| Gaming Legend
|K3| Member
We dont even have that channell here Dan. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk by Mr.Houston

Cryogenic Flare

The King of Tags
Former Krew Member
My parents went with Verizon after we came back from overseas. Our original price was $150/m with phone and tv whatnots. We upgraded to Vios quantium I now get 50mb/s from the original 10mb/s. Costs us 300/m I think. I ain't got no complaints :D

Freeze

Second Lieutenant
Former Krew Member
So happy that I live in such a small wealthy country, makes it very easy to have fun features like UBER FAST INTERNET for jack shit a month :D

:troll2: U mad Walleh?

WaLLy

Lieutenant General
|K3| Executive
madqb.jpg

:notbad: for freeeeeee :p

Last edited:
Top Bottom