Question for soccer fans

DamageINC

K3's Useless Admin
|K3| Executive
How big/popular/meaningful is the Confederations cup?

I've been following it on ESPN, but it seems like a lot of the teams are not very good and the competition is kind of weak. Although, a Brazil vs Spain final would probably be pretty good? Not sure how good Brazil is these days.

Spain vs Tahiti? Probably be 40-0.

Nigeria? Uruguay?

Why are there so many poor teams ?

Trasgu

Second Lieutenant
Former Krew Member
Because it brings the best of each international competition. The winners of continental cups and in some cases finalists like Italy in the Euro Cup.

PS: Uruguay isnt weak D. :D

DamageINC

K3's Useless Admin
|K3| Executive
Well they looked weak vs Spain lol.

I just Googled , wondering how the heck a team like Tahiti made it, but it seems they play in a very weak competition to get there. I think that's the case anyways?

Uruguay is apparently pretty good lol. Made it to the final 4 in the last world cup. Seems like this cup is a big deal, i will keep watching!

Spain vs Tahiti today though :lmao:

Thanks for the info.

DamageINC

K3's Useless Admin
|K3| Executive
Yeah, but those are the very top tournaments in the world. Being the 4th biggest isn't bad.

Take

Flying Dutchman
|K3| Member
World, Europe

Champions/euro and the dutch(or other euro country) cup.

Bambi

Sergeant
Former Krew Member
Because it brings the best of each international competition. The winners of continental cups and in some cases finalists like Italy in the Euro Cup.

PS: Uruguay isnt weak D. :D

Just to add (sure you know this), but Italy are there because Spain are European and World Cup winners, and Italy were European finalists. Not sure why Italy were chosen over the Netherlands (Netherlands were world cup finalists 2010 and have a higher world ranking), but maybe it is because Spain represent as the world champions and Italy as the default European...?

Lonsense

#Nonsense
Former Krew Member
Maybe, i don't really follow these continental things. I only go for like Bundesliga, BPL, Liga BBVA, etc.

WaLLy

Lieutenant General
|K3| Executive
I never understood this either. They have so many cup championship matches, it's insane. I've asked my in-laws about this as well and they gave me an explanation about it all but since I'm not into soccer, that info went into one ear and out the other. XD

DamageINC

K3's Useless Admin
|K3| Executive
Spain vs Brazil final.

Italy vs Spain was pretty good. Can't believe neither team scored with all the chances they had. One thing that keeps me from really getting into soccer are those idiotic penalty kicks. How can any sport decide games with that! Should be a good final. Better not go to PK.

Fish

Private First Class
Well they looked weak vs Spain lol.

I just Googled , wondering how the heck a team like Tahiti made it, but it seems they play in a very weak competition to get there. I think that's the case anyways?

Uruguay is apparently pretty good lol. Made it to the final 4 in the last world cup. Seems like this cup is a big deal, i will keep watching!

Spain vs Tahiti today though :lmao:

Thanks for the info.

I actually dont like Uruguay that much, mainly becuase Suarez used his hands to block a shot from Ghana during the fight to the world cup quarter finals. It would have been Ghana's first time in history making that far into the world cup, and they're a terrific team.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A1WlBpe9Kvo

DamageINC

K3's Useless Admin
|K3| Executive
The refs were horrible in that world cup as i remember.

The Final was terrible. Wish Italy would have advanced. Damn PK's ruin the game.

Top Bottom