NY Server upgrade

WaLLy

Lieutenant General
|K3| Executive
It's about that time folks. Some much needed NY upgrades!

What's in store:
-2GB RAM (up from 1GB)
-2 Cores (up from 1)
-200GB storage (up from 100GB)

Basically double the resources. Upgrade should happen real soon. :)

MikeK

Vodka supplier
|K3| Member
We luff you Warry!

cathug5.jpg

Last edited:

Finch

|KKK|'s Epic Chef
|K3| Member
Sooo how does everything about the servers work? I really have no idea about it.
I thought the Game is hosted on some servers and you pay per slot? And will the Server not be laggy anymore? :|

WaLLy

Lieutenant General
|K3| Executive
Sooo how does everything about the servers work? I really have no idea about it.
I thought the Game is hosted on some servers and you pay per slot? And will the Server not be laggy anymore? :|

I pay for a virtual server (NY & LA) with Windows Server as the OS. Within this virtual server, I install and configure all the cod4 instances (known as servers to you), along with other things & servers, ie. TeamSpeak.

And I pay per location and whatever resources I allocate. If I was paying per slot, we wouldn't be able to run that many empty servers. I would have closed a majority of them long ago. :)

edit:
And I hope that this helps with lag. There will always be lag, but if it still continues even with the upgrade, we may have to stop a few servers and see if that helps.

WaLLy

Lieutenant General
|K3| Executive
Upgrade will happen sometime tonight or just as soon as the server population reduces. :)

Rival

Double Nature
Former Krew Member
I always get what I want when I start crying about it.

Crying like a bitch pays off. :K

Gage

Second Lieutenant
Former Krew Member
Haven't experienced any screen lag at all even with 20+ players. Thanks Wally!

Top Bottom