Temporary Mincraft IP

Kreubs

|K3|Minecraft Admin
|K3| Executive
The ISP decided to pull a switcheroo on the IP.

New IP is: 172.249.193.216

WaLLy

Lieutenant General
|K3| Executive
So here's the thing, the reason why this IP is temporary is because within the next 1-3 weeks, I will be going to Arizona (3 day visit) and will be moving the MC server there. That should be the final IP change.

With all the problems I've been having here in CA with my Internet, it is probably best to move the MC server in my next visit (to AZ) rather than waiting 'til I move there. The only problem I foresee is if the power ever goes out. I do plan on buying a UPS as a safeguard but they don't hold a charge for that long anyway.

The MC server will also be put on a Mac Pro (tower) while it is in AZ and as a backup, I will be leaving the Mac mini (where MC is currently hosted on) in CA just in case. But, since we've never hosted the MC server in the Mac Pro, I will have to setup the server quickly and do a 2 day test with it (everyone trying to play) just so that we make sure it's able to run just fine. Because as soon as I leave AZ I won't be back until 2-months from then at the very earliest.

At the moment, the reason why I said I'm going to AZ in 1-3 weeks is well, I was/am planning to go next week. I need to buy a new range for the kitchen and I didn't want to buy one when our family goes in Memorial Day weekend. I'm already spending quite a bit of money on that weekend alone, so buying the range is not something I would like to do. If I went next week, to buy the range, I'd have to spend money on paying Sears $70 for a delivery charge, and also pay for the expenses for me to go which can easily get to $150 with gas/food and that's being frugal. Soooooo.... Since my bro-in-law said he would take his SUV in the trip, I figured I could easily save next week's trip + the delivery charge if I ask him to pick up the range for me the weekend that we're there. At the moment, he said he's not sure if he would take his SUV but he would confirm by next week (Monday). That's where I'm at, ATM.

So to recap:
-MC server is moving to AZ
-MC server will be hosted on a Mac Pro. I'll post specs later this week
-The move will happen in 1 or 3 weeks (waiting on confirmation from my bro-in-law)

Questions?

NickHouston

WaLLy's Personal Favorite Krew Member
|K3| Member
|K3| Media Team
How much RAM will be dedicated to MC now that it's on a different machine? MC loves to eat up RAM. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

WaLLy

Lieutenant General
|K3| Executive
Firing up the beast now.

And it's been confirmed, bro-in-law will take his SUV which means I won't have to make the trip next week.

With that said, the move will be on the evening of May 23rd (possibly the 22nd) and the server will be up sometime on May 24th. I will be taking the Mac mini as well as the Mac Pro just in case the Mac Pro either runs too hot or isn't able to handle MC for some odd reason.

WaLLy

Lieutenant General
|K3| Executive
Haven't gotten around to image and configure the Mac Pro yet. I'll be doing so hopefully this Tuesday.

Just a reminder, the MC server is being moved on the 23rd/24th.

WaLLy

Lieutenant General
|K3| Executive
In my LA home? Just about all of the needed ones. Not even sure why 25565 is open but 25567 is closed...

In AZ I should have better control of available ports.

WaLLy

Lieutenant General
|K3| Executive
Weird o_O

Will the AZ setup have dropbox or afp for the config?

The SMB ports should be opened in AZ so there wouldn't be a need for dropbox. Just a simple \\ipORdomain\Minecraft will do the trick in Windows.

No Mercy

Master Sergeant
|K3| Member
|K3| Media Team
Just a thought, Get DUC (no-ip)

You can set a custom name eg. krewgamingserver.no-ip.org.
Everytime your IP changes, DUC will automatically set the custom name to the new IP.

If you would like some help with it, let me know :)

WaLLy

Lieutenant General
|K3| Executive
The MacPro1,1's specs:

2x3 GHz Dual-Core Intel Xeon
2GB RAM (1GB dedicated to MC)
160GB storage

I will bump up the RAM on the server at a later date, if needed.

edit:
The following dates/times, the MC server will be running on the Mac Pro due to it producing tons of heat (10x more than the mini lol, at least) and the misses doesn't wanna see it running.

Pacific Times
Today: currently - 9pm
Tuesday: 9am - 3pm
Wednesday - 9am - 7pm
Thursday - 9am - ~4-6pm

Thursday is when I'll be heading to Arizona and the MC server will be down for several hours. I'll be taking the Mac mini just in case something goes awry with the Mac Pro, I'll leave the mini there just in case.

The MC server will be up sometime Friday morning.

Last edited:

WaLLy

Lieutenant General
|K3| Executive
The Mac Pro has been running solid the last few days. I haven't switched between Macs because I haven't really had the time and it hasn't been that hot, so I was able to get away with it being on for a few days.

Looks like I'll need to re-image the server one last time. Either doing it as Raid 1 or running it off a 32GB flash drive (which I've used previously) and using the other 3 drives as backup OS'. :thinking:

WaLLy

Lieutenant General
|K3| Executive
MC will be offline beginning 4pm Pacific. I should be in AZ around 2-3am. I'll try to bring it back online as soon as I get there.

WaLLy

Lieutenant General
|K3| Executive
Sorry for the delay folks. I've been extremely busy getting our stuff ready here.

I'll get it up and running by the morning.

Top Bottom