Minecraft Offline

WaLLy

Lieutenant General
|K3| Executive
Hey folks,

My home Internet has gone to :poop: by the looks of it. And now that it's the weekend, I can't do much because of work. I'm shooting to have it restored Monday/Tuesday (at the very latest).

Apologies for the downtime :(

Before anyone asks, :yuno: pay for a GameServer Provider (GSP)? Quite simple. Running it from my house keeps the MC server absolutely free. Well not really, as I'm putting use of my home server and having it run 24/7 so technically it really isn't free, right? But I don't really mind the usage anyway. However I do not want to take on the extra cost of paying a company to host the server; at least not right now. If you played in our previous MC server (GSP), it was down for at random times, and the process of getting it back up was usually lengthy because I had to go through support tickets. Also, hosting a MC server with a GSP will result in much, much lower RAM as most GSP's charge around the $5 per 256 MB of RAM. The one I host at home = 3GB of dedicated RAM to MC. With that said, hosting MC with a GSP might seem to be cheap, but peeps are going to complain about the lag due to the low RAM that's allocated to it.

So with that said, what would you want done?

I should have mentioned, if the majority want the MC server hosted with a GSP, I'm OK with that as well.

Last edited:

Rival

Double Nature
Former Krew Member
GSP seems too expensive. You pay enough for servers and shit already.

Kreubs

|K3|Minecraft Admin
|K3| Executive
The server has been much more stable on your machine than it ever had been on a GSP machine, for sure. I'm ok with the way it is right now, seeing as it is far more stable and easier to maintain as it is.

I think losing the internet on it for a few days, but having a much faster, more stable server, far outweighs an always-on, low stability server.

Rival

Double Nature
Former Krew Member
I'll probably stop playing on it though.

Wish you would put your server back up Kreubs.

WaLLy

Lieutenant General
|K3| Executive
Looks like I needed a new IP: 76.171.229.127

I'm still crossing my fingers. Hopefully it stays up for a while.

Kreubs

|K3|Minecraft Admin
|K3| Executive
So it was an IP conflict?

According to McMyAdmin, the server is hidden from public listings whilst in offline mode. So that could be why GT can't see it :/

WaLLy

Lieutenant General
|K3| Executive
So it was an IP conflict?

According to McMyAdmin, the server is hidden from public listings whilst in offline mode. So that could be why GT can't see it :/

Definitely an IP conflict. The modem was picking up the new IP but the router was rejecting it and trying to go back to the old one for some odd reason. The router didn't start to play ball until I hard reset it. It started working again after a few hiccups after the reset. So far so good though.

Being hidden from the public listings shouldn't affect it. GT can't see it because it can't talk to the query port 25567 which is strange because prior to McMyAdmin or the 1.5 update, this port ran just fine. I changed it to 25565 but it still isn't budging. As long as MC and my net is running fine the next few days, I wont worry about it until post-exam on Thursday.

Kreubs

|K3|Minecraft Admin
|K3| Executive
Does your router support MAC address cloning? Since IP's are dealt out by MAC, it usually fixes the problem right away without waiting for the ISP's lease to expire.

WaLLy

Lieutenant General
|K3| Executive
didn't think about that. I'll try it out whenever the net starts acting up again.

WaLLy

Lieutenant General
|K3| Executive
Looks like my net might have gone down. I can't access my domain nor can remote into the server. :sigh:

WaLLy

Lieutenant General
|K3| Executive
Net has been running solid for the past 24 hours now.

And for some odd reason, port 25567 TCP & UDP are blocked now. Fortunately, TCP 25565 (MC's default port) is not. UDP 25565 is blocked... What that means, GameTracker will show the server as offline from here on out.

Please post if and when MC goes down. I'm still keeping my fingers crossed.

Top Bottom