Forum Facebook-style Chat (beta)

WaLLy

Lieutenant General
|K3| Executive
Hey folks,

We've added a new way to chat with your friends and best of all, it is private. No more having to ask in shout "Hey XXXX, are you here?" You'll be able to check yourself by looking at the new bottom-right white box that says "# Friend(s) Online". Click on his/her name to start a new conversation.

Good thing is that if someone annoys you, simply remove them from your friend's list, and voila, they wont be able to send you any of those messages anymore.

There is also a settings tab.
Show Chat Bottom Bar: This will hide the new bar that you see. Once hidden, I'm not sure how to bring it back up. (I know some will ask)
New Message Notification Method: You'll hear a beep when one of your friends send you a message. I don't recall if it sends it to you only if you're on a different tab in your browser or not. If you're using Chrome, your forum tab will flash (nonintrusive) say "New Message!".

Lastly, this feature is in beta stage. If we do not see any ill forum effects, we will keep this feature.

Enjoy!

edit:
sending a link to your friend will NOT be clickable.

edit #2:
smilies do not work on it.

Last edited:

SoRude

|KKK|'s Swagga McDaddy
Former Krew Member
This is the most fantastic thing ever. Thank you so so so so so so much wally :luv: Love you

BluBirD78

Master of BluballZ
|K3| Member
Is it just me or is the forum really slow after this add-on? I thought it was my internet at first but every webpage I go to other than the forum seems to work just fine...

WaLLy

Lieutenant General
|K3| Executive
Is it just me or is the forum really slow after this add-on? I thought it was my internet at first but every webpage I go to other than the forum seems to work just fine...

It certainly seems slow this morning. D and I tested this few weeks ago and it seemed fine. I installed it last night and I didn't see any slowness either. I can definitely notice it this morning though. The new feature has been disabled, for now. We'll test it out again in a few days and see if we get the same results.

NickHouston

WaLLy's Personal Favorite Krew Member
|K3| Member
|K3| Media Team
Ermahgherd! A use for the "Add Friends" feature!

Pretty cool. Will check it out when I get home.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

WaLLy

Lieutenant General
|K3| Executive
Ermahgherd! A use for the "Add Friends" feature!

Pretty cool. Will check it out when I get home.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

It's been disabled :(. Neat feature but the forum lags for just about everyone. Wasn't doing that last night though, so that has me stumped a bit. :thinking:

Bambi

Sergeant
Former Krew Member
Nice! Emahgerd so excited .............................................. but I have no friends ::(:

NickHouston

WaLLy's Personal Favorite Krew Member
|K3| Member
|K3| Media Team
It's been disabled :(. Neat feature but the forum lags for just about everyone. Wasn't doing that last night though, so that has me stumped a bit. :thinking:

:okay: Ahh well, we always have facebook lol.

BluBirD78

Master of BluballZ
|K3| Member
Thanks Wally, yeah I wasn't sure if it was me or what, but it's good to hear that others were having the same problem. I tried a different browser also and same results, so that's why I was thinking it was the new add-on. BTW it does look pretty neat, maybe you can find something else, some alternative to it as well?

:okay: Ahh well, we always have facebook lol.

Oh, and your idea also works if you got a facebook lol (which I don't)

ManuelBook

|K3|'s Horror Fanatic
Former Krew Member
I was looking everywhere for it.
I'm like..... what the heck! Where is it..
then I read the earlier replies.
and i was like :| oh...
XD Wish i could've seen what this looked like.

Top Bottom