So who's ever helped someone?

AVC

Banned
Anyone?

Who has put themselves in harm's way to help someone?

I know Houston has. And Greg. And Steelhorse.

But you don't need to be a hero to do it. Anyone can do it. Actually ,the term hero in my industry is regarded as a derogatory term.

Anyone ever contemplated suicide? I have. We get calls everyday from peeps intending just that. They don't want you to go find the body. They want help. Imagine someone calling up and saying they are going to kill themselves and the person on the other end saying "go ahead, you are useless to society anyway"

I try to help people. That's what I do. Since forever. In the military, as a Paramedic, as a Commander. We rarely get thanked. We commonly get criticized.

Like my current work situation. Guy falls in the drink. We try to help him. Spent thousands of dollars doing it too, but it was going to no use. That was evident in the first two minutes. That's not the point. We tried. Nobody acted maliciously, no one said "screw him, he's dead, who cares". But someone, somewhere is playing the Blame Game. They are hidden under many layers. I hope one day they penalise him (or her?). Meanwhile, I'm paying for it. Literally, and metaphorically.

Then there's the Krew. Lots of effort. Lots of input. I don't get paid you know. I could just play on the servers, but I elected to help out when I was asked. By McFoe I think, way back when. Man, who remembers him, lol. So, help I did. I didn't do it for me, I did it for you. The Krew. I would be halfway through shit and Wally would upgrade the forum or something and I'd have to start over. Though, the latest Komp module is a lot less time intensive. Back then it wasn't even automated.

Try to help people instead of trolling them, or criticizing them.

I'm at work right now, but I'm going home. I can't be fucked any more. Nobody helps anyone anymore.

So do that. Work out how you can help someone.

- - - Updated - - -

Another thought.

I am qualified as a helicopter rescue aircrewman. That involves hanging off the side of a helicopter, on a wire about a thick as a pen refill.

There is a facility to "bang off"the crewman. It fires a shotgun shell charged cutter that severs the wire. It gets used sometimes when the wire gets tangled. Like on a yacht at sea. It's rarely used. It's a last, last resort. It leaves the crewie out there with no way to get back in the aircraft.

I think cutting people loose should be the last last resort. But that's just me.

Rival

Double Nature
Former Krew Member
Can
You
Please
STOP?

What is the point of writing 20 threads that are SO LONG that 1/10 people are gonna read it? What's the point?

We get it. You're gone. Bye.

DamageINC

K3's Useless Admin
|K3| Executive
I agree. Reading this thread seemed like nothing but boasting about yourself and trying to prove a point you already talked about extensively. This isn't the military, it's a gaming forum. And Firing people isn't always a last resort. Do you really , honestly think we could keep you on as admin with all the access you had after this came to light? You wore the clan tags in A1 ffs!

AVC

Banned
Can
You
Please
STOP?

What is the point of writing 20 threads that are SO LONG that 1/10 people are gonna read it? What's the point?

We get it. You're gone. Bye.

See? This is what I mean by not helping.

If you don't want to read it coz it's too long, don't.

I din't try to undermine the Krew, or bring down the website, or hack the servers, or recruit anyone, but what the hell, let's burn her, she's a witch.

- - - Updated - - -

I agree. Reading this thread seemed like nothing but boasting about yourself and trying to prove a point you already talked about extensively.

I was asking for help actually. Most of what I read right now is the trolling normally reserved for hackers in the Ban Appeal Thread.

TheDude

Dudesicle
|K3| Member
AVC, I think the krew is acting a little angrily.

Myself, i am mostly just pissed at pwnsauce.

I don't think everyone is against you, and you seem to just be taking issue mostly with WaLLy, who was very angry, and may have cut you loose as a personal gesture, but who fucking knows.

The reality is, you started another clan, didn't tell us about it, and the first thing to do when that happens is to restrict your forum powers until we know what the fuck is going on.
I mean, you kept it a secret. This is a red flag. If you hadn't kept it a secret, I doubt WaLLy would have demoted you. What do YOU think? You said it's been up for weeks. You could have squeezed out SOMETHING.

Also, stop acting like everyone here was an asshole to you.

I don't feel as though I was an asshole to you......

We ALL have lives, too, you know. So all that absence and stuff you're going through, maybe a lot of us are too....

Do you REALLY REALLY think that we did all this TO you?
Maybe we are all just having less to do with he krew?

I went through a LOT of shit this year, too. No one asked "what's wrong dude? why aren't you around anymore"

Not around enough? TheDude gets demoted. Happened fucking twice. I didn't even HAVE to go and make another clan without telling anyone. but it's okay, because we worked it out. And I did kinda become inactive. So who gives a shit? Misunderstandings happen.

So basically, I'm sorry you feel stabbed in the back. I don't think it was anyone's intention. It happened.

Plus we all think you are the man. Probably really pissed about this, but still think you're the man.

Sucks about all the horse shit you're going through. I think if you read the krew's reaction to your shitty situation BEFORE we found out about all this, you will find only support from people who considered you their friend.

I think it would be best to try to return to that kind of interaction.

- - - Updated - - -

And there are quite a few of us, including myself, who remember McFoe.

And yea I think a couple of people are acting like dicks, too.

Last edited:

517Houston

|KKK| Gaming Legend
|K3| Member
Andy, Chris hit the nail on the head.. Good luck with the work thing.. I hope it all goes well

Unruley1

Master Sergeant
Former Krew Member
Appreciate the work you and everyone else does to help people but right now i think it was just a bad time to make a post. Of course people are gonna troll you. Just gonna have to deal with that given whats been happening.

theGenius

|KKK|´s Dumbass
|K3| Member
well, u still choose who u help dont u? u choose to help pwn... doesnt really change anything does it?

- - - Updated - - -

and i remember mcfoe btw!

TheDude

Dudesicle
|K3| Member
Appreciate the work you and everyone else does to help people but right now i think it was just a bad time to make a post. Of course people are gonna troll you. Just gonna have to deal with that given whats been happening.

I wouldn't characterize anything I said to AVC as trolling....

And I don't see any legitimate replies to it, either.

There are people at fault here.

Top Bottom