Finally working on getting my first car.

Sgt.Fishy

Sergeant
|K3| Member
This is one reason I'm never around, constantly working has caused me to never have any time to myself now.

Anyways, I digress.

I've finally decided on a car and now I'm saving everything for it. I can't wait to get a Mitsubishi Lancer. I've always loved that car, especially the Lancer Evolution but that is WAY too much for how much I make lol.

I might get it in manual but since I live in LA, it won't be practical and it would end up being more of a burden. I think I might go with the CVT version and just continue doing what I always do. I do hope to learn more about it though and really get ready for some tuning up. I know I will be putting an exhaust a month or so after I get it, and maybe an intake. Still wondering about if I should go 2WD or AWD. So many choices lol

AVC

Banned
CVT? How long between scheduled services of the belt change? Coz that costs big bucks..

Standard auto is the way to go for low maintenance.

Pugsport

Second Lieutenant
|K3| Member
my advice would be dont buy auto (to much power loss throw an autobox) and second thing would be buy some good low profile tyres before you start adding horsepower as they will give you a better feel for the road and what the car is doing, plus the added grip will mean the car can corner harder thus being faster than standard.

i guess when it comes down to 2wd or 4wd what do you want the car for. i mean i see no real need for 4wd if all your going to do is drive to the shops and back everyday as its just a waste of fuel and added weight but if you want the ass end out then 4wd is the way to go

AVC

Banned
Modern autos with lock up torque converters are just about as good as manuals. But if it's an older car, forget it.

But what Pug said about tyres, for sure. It should be the first thing to upgrade. Tyres are your life.

The handling difference in AWD is huge, but at the cost of more maintenance, weight and cost.

Pugsport

Second Lieutenant
|K3| Member
Modern autos with lock up torque converters are just about as good as manuals. But if it's an older car, forget it.

But what Pug said about tyres, for sure. It should be the first thing to upgrade. Tyres are your life.

The handling difference in AWD is huge, but at the cost of more maintenance, weight and cost.

na id have to disagree on the whole auto issue. auto's are just made for lazy people and waste to much power along with always changing gear when you dont want it to, even the semi autos are rubbish unless you have a supercar then they are ok but theres nothing imo that works as good as a manual transmission when it comes to having fun.

yep spend some dolla on good rubber before you boost power output

Top Bottom