New Phone for TheDude

Joe Momma

First Lieutenant
Former Krew Member
Nexus 4. 299 without a contract, will best almost every smartphone out there. Puts up a great fight when pared up with the iPhone 5/4s and Samsung Galaxy S III. Has the best of just about everything. Sadly it has one downside. No microSD slot.

Here is a full indepth review. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xTKU6m2uQwc

lol even lockergnome loves the nexus 4. And he is a HUGE iphone whore. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqHOcwzT5eY

Last edited:

TheDude

Dudesicle
|K3| Member
Thanks for the info, Joe.

iPhone 5 definitely looks better than the nexus 4.

Better camera (big plus). Audio output seems to be better, too (not talking about the speakers.... idc about the speaker)

Jailbroken iPhone 5? That may be my choice, as of now. Price isn't a factor, so I'm not worried at all about that. I don't plan on upgrading my phone for at least 2 years.

It's between that and the Lumia.

The only thing I'm worried about with the iPhone, at this point, is that it will be phased out by next year. Is this a valid concern? I feel like there are phones out there that will still by competitive by the end of next year.

Any more advice guys?

Ethan

Captain
Former Krew Member
I'm just an anti-Apple guy, but the IPhone is an okay choice.

Which, the Galaxy S4 should be coming out soon ;)

Android! Go, Fight, Win!

Nikon

カメラマン
|K3| Member
A major question is, do you find iTunes to be a pain in the butt? Because with an iPhone absolutely EVERYTHING has to go through iTunes, plus, Android has WAY more free apps than iOS. I used to have an android myself so when I got my iPod, I searched the App Store for some of the apps I had for my android just to find out that 75% of the apps that were free on android had to be paid for on iOS. And don't buy the "iPhone has more apps" junk, Android has just as many, and many of the same for iOS are FREE on android.

I wouldn't say the iPhone 5 is better than the Nexus 4 just yet. iOS fans will say "oh the iPhone 5 is better because it just works." and vice-versa for Android people. In terms of what is outdated, any phone for sale today will be outdated in a year from now, it's just how fast the market is advancing.

Oh and, the iPhone 5 is somewhat already outdated... (1.2 ghz dual core vs the 1.7 ghz quads in some of the other phones. There were 1.2 ghz dual cores in mid 2011)
That is how apple works though, sell outdated equipment with a dumbed down OS at a higher price because it has an "i" at the beginning of the name.

But to most, this is all just a bunch of babbling from an android fanboy lol.

Oh and Ethan, I find it funny that you say you are anti-Apple, android fanboy and all that, but the forum says you posted from iOS 6 lol ;)

Last edited:

Ethan

Captain
Former Krew Member
Oh and Ethan, I find it funny that you say you are anti-Apple, android fanboy and all that, but the forum says you posted from iOS 6 lol ;)

Hey...If I get an Apple product as an gift, I will use it haha.

TheDude

Dudesicle
|K3| Member
A major question is, do you find iTunes to be a pain in the butt? Because with an iPhone absolutely EVERYTHING has to go through iTunes, plus, Android has WAY more free apps than iOS. I used to have an android myself so when I got my iPod, I searched the App Store for some of the apps I had for my android just to find out that 75% of the apps that were free on android had to be paid for on iOS. And don't buy the "iPhone has more apps" junk, Android has just as many, and many of the same for iOS are FREE on android.

I wouldn't say the iPhone 5 is better than the Nexus 4 just yet. iOS fans will say "oh the iPhone 5 is better because it just works." and vice-versa for Android people. In terms of what is outdated, any phone for sale today will be outdated in a year from now, it's just how fast the market is advancing.

Oh and, the iPhone 5 is somewhat already outdated... (1.2 ghz dual core vs the 1.7 ghz quads in some of the other phones. There were 1.2 ghz dual cores in mid 2011)
That is how apple works though, sell outdated equipment with a dumbed down OS at a higher price because it has an "i" at the beginning of the name.

But to most, this is all just a bunch of babbling from an android fanboy lol.

But according to the reviews Joe posted, the Nexus performs slower. I don't know about windows OS anymore.

Also, the camera is better on the iPhone. And it can hold 64 Gig. The Nexus has a 16 Gig capacity.

Nikon

カメラマン
|K3| Member
The LG Optimus G and Galaxy SIII can hold up to 80 gb for cheaper. Plus the added benefits of not having to go through iTunes and a much better OS. I can say from experience that Android is better than iOS, but of course, its all subjective. My oldest brother almost went the iPhone path but got a Droid instead and couldn't be happier. iOS offers nothing that Android cannot do better. The iPhone 5 has more graphics power than it does processing power and you said you wont be doing any serious gaming...

WaLLy

Lieutenant General
|K3| Executive
The Nokia Lumia 920 would be my next phone if it wasn't Windows :|. I'm just so used to the Apple ecosystem, it'd be hard for me to jump ship. :/

That thing is sexy and has some nice features. And the camera kicks ass!!

Galaxy S4 will come out between Mar-May. No matter what phone you get now, in 6-9 months, it'll be an old coaster. If you're gonna buy now, DO ET. The longer you wait, the shorter time you have before "the next big thing" arrives.

AVC

Banned
Here's some shots from the GS3

20121225_183252.jpg

20121227_124457.jpg

Last edited:

Nikon

カメラマン
|K3| Member
Those are some nice shots from the SIII!

AT&T does not carry the Nexus 4.

Here are some videos about both the LG Optimus G and iPhone 5

Is it just me or does this guy sound kinda like Tony Stark?

Hope these help.

Last edited by a moderator:

TheDude

Dudesicle
|K3| Member
Sorry guys, but I think I'm gonna go with the 5. Windows ecosystem isn't developed enough, yet, I'd give it 2 years (like when i get a new phone). I like the Lumia, but it looks like iPhone 5.

I like the windows Surface, but, tbh, I think android is better on tablets. So, for now, it's just iPhone 5.

Thanks for all the help, you SERIOUSLY were helpful.

All of you.

You guys rock.

WaLLy

Lieutenant General
|K3| Executive
27809793.jpg

By the way, you can't jailbreak it just yet. That's why I'm holding off getting one ATM.

Nikon

カメラマン
|K3| Member

:troll:

Ah well, I tried... Glad I could help.

Last edited by a moderator:

TheDude

Dudesicle
|K3| Member
I mean the other phones are nice, but they aren't as good as the iPhone as far as I can see.

And I don't hate apple enough to not buy their product when it is really what I should be buying.

So... meh. If it were like an obvious choice of android, I'd totally go that route. If I get a tablet, it will most likely run android. At that point, it would be better for me to get an android phone.

But for now, iPhone.

Top Bottom