What should i get>?

Rival

Double Nature
Former Krew Member
Ultrafocus 8000. The M100 don't even look comfortable. Uncomfortable headphones = BIG NONO!

PwnSauce

Banned
There are no other headpwns than:

http://www.trittonaudio.com/prod/pchead.asp

detail_slide2.jpg

TheDude

Dudesicle
|K3| Member
Don't get the boom phones.

The polks are ANC headphones. They sound great, but if the V-Modas are passive, it's a different animal.

Tyll, the guy they quoted on the page, said he thought ours sounded the best out of all the noise cancelling headphones.

I'd ask tyll. Shoot him an email.

If you are just going to use them to sit at your house playing games, I'd say get the vmodas.

Last edited:

ponyboy

|KKK|'s Pony
|K3| Member
ive seen that review by tyll on youtube and he said the polk's noise cancelling wasnt that great, But what about from you man? are they good at noise cancelling?
you work at polk too right? and teh vmodas are passive.

WaLLy

Lieutenant General
|K3| Executive
As far as noise canceling goes, I've only tried Bose (forget the model), and they do an excellent job at it. I didn't like them because they didn't give enough b00m XD

TheDude

Dudesicle
|K3| Member
The noise cancellation will work extremely well on anything under 300 Hz. Above that you will see a rapid drop in the effectiveness of ANC. Now, the Polks are meant to be used with music playing, so the NC circuitry takes that into account. Unlike the Bose (which really aren't engineered for good sound quality), the Polks are not meant to be worn as a standalone noise cancelling headphone. However, in the noise cancelling class, they really do sound the best out of anything under ~$550.

So that about sums it up. I haven't tried the V-Modas but I have heard good things about v-moda. (of course, i have also heard good things about beats)

TheDude

Dudesicle
|K3| Member
you would be happy with either one :)

But the modas look more in tune with a gaming headset.

Turtle beaches and tritons are good for gaming, but in terms of fidelity, they are way below par. If you want something that will be good for gaming as well as listening, go with the v-modas, despite their reputation for being the go-to headphone for amateur suck-ass dj's. I think they are actually quite nice.

In fact, turtle beaches suck SO much in fidelity terms that some of the RnD dept. is thinkin' about quittin.

Last edited:
Top Bottom