What mobile carrier do you use?

What mobile carrier do you use?

• Total voters

WaLLy

Lieutenant General
|K3| Executive
Poll options are only the ones I know, since I live in the US.

What mobile carrier do you folks use?

As an early iPhone adopter I currently use AT&T and I'm just sick and tired of paying ridiculous amounts every month. As the wife and I own our iPhones free and clear and are unlocked, I can move them to any MVNO carrier that uses sim cards. I started looking at MVNO carriers, and found Straight Talk. $45 for unlimited data, text and web. Although they mention it's unlimited, users in other forums have posted as long as you use less than 2k minutes, and 2GB (some have said they've gotten up to 5GB of usage) before ST sent you warnings of abuse. I currently have the grand-fathered "unlimited" data with AT&T but they start throttling you after 3GB of usage. I have never used 1gig a month since I'm usually surrounded by WiFi the majority of the time.

Moving to Straight Talk would save me ~$60/month for 2 phones. ST uses AT&T's network, so I haven't had any complaints this far.

As I like to penny-pinch, I have also found T-Mobile no-contract plan: $80 for 2 lines, 1k minutes, 2GB of data (not 4G), and unlimited text. The only downside is that since T-Mobile isn't an official iPhone carrier, I will be stuck with 2G data speeds (sloooooooowwwwww). Again, doesn't really affect me as I'm surrounded by WiFi most of the time, but still, that kinda blows. I may have to move to a 4G Android but the cost of the monthly bill will go up to $100/month. Decisions, decisions.

Anywho, what carrier do you use? And how are their services and monthly plans?

AVC

Banned
Hehe, you forgot to add Telstra, or as some people call it, Hellstra. They are the biggest, so of course you get plenty of knockers.

But. They have the best network, especially for data, or rural coverage.

We pay $49 per phone, which includes 1.5G of data, and $29 for the iPad which is 1G of data.

My phone is a 4G and it rocks, the rest are 3G. I think if I had to go with 2G I would be forced to neck myself.

Ethan

Captain
Former Krew Member
I lost my phone, and will not get a new one anytime soon.

Had AT&T, but everything is now disconnected.

It was a crappy flip phone anyways.

NickHouston

WaLLy's Personal Favorite Krew Member
|K3| Member
|K3| Media Team
I have AT&T. They significantly slowed down my internet for going over 3 gigs while using my "unlimited" data plan. Yup...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

DamageINC

K3's Useless Admin
|K3| Executive
I voted other because i don't have a cell phone so i use no carrier. If you want to delete the vote, i dc.

PaigeBoo

|KKK|s wise lesbian
Former Krew Member
We use Verizon. However we don't use separate plans. For our 3 smart phones each with unlimited data text and 1k minutes (that we share) plus a tablet with 3 gb and a wireless dongle with 5 we spend nearly $300 a month.

With that being said, we also get 25% off accessories and wonderful service. I've had numerous occasions where my phones stop working, I have problems, I need an early upgrade ect, they have been amazing and helpful.

TheDude

Dudesicle
|K3| Member
This is the mobile carrier I am using currently.

nimitz.jpg

I am planning on upgrading to something a lil more versatile and probably larger.

Ethan

Captain
Former Krew Member
This is the mobile carrier I am using currently.

nimitz.jpg

I am planning on upgrading to something a lil more versatile and probably larger.

Nice! This is the landline I'm currently using. I'm in the same boat as you according to my upgrade plan.

medium_3072974637_1b964eff55_o-1.jpg

HIBred

Foolish Mortal
|K3| Executive
pfft typical Americans,using an aircraft carrier and a tank to hijack a thread..:K

Reactions: AVC

TheDude

Dudesicle
|K3| Member
Nice! This is the landline I'm currently using. I'm in the same boat as you according to my upgrade plan.

medium_3072974637_1b964eff55_o-1.jpg

They gave them a multimillion dollar vehicle.......

And they drove it off a cliff at slow speed.

HOW did this happen?

Top Bottom