Anyone want to run Cod4 in Window mode?

BluBirD78

Master of BluballZ
|K3| Member
Well here is how you do it, I figured this out a few days ago and thought I would share my findings.

First you want to make sure your console is enabled in the Options =>Game Options, then click Enable Console. After you know the console is enabled bring it up with the ~ key to the left of 1 (American Keyboards) and type this in...

/r_fullscreen 0

After you do this you want to restart the video with this command...

/vid_restart

After the video restarts you should be in Window mode. If you want to make your window size bigger or smaller, you must go into the Options =>Graphics and change your Video Mode to a lower resolution, this will make the screen smaller. Go to a bigger resolution if you want the screen bigger, easy as that.

Now, if you want to reverse this and go back to fullscreen again, type the exact same commands above in the same order but replace the 0 with a 1, and now you have your fullscreen back.

Another note, while you are in the game you can see that you can not move your pointer from the game to other windows, it just moves you in the game. Well the way around this is to press Alt+Tab to jump to another window, and you can do the same to go back or just click on the game window.

Questions or comments are welcomed ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

BluBirD78

Master of BluballZ
|K3| Member
Haha, thanks AVC, I know there were several people that were asking how to do it, and Wally suggested making a post about it so I did ;)

Code

Sergeant
Former Krew Member
I disagree totallty and think this should be taken up with the members! This is an outrage! I denounce these actions and call for a boycott!

Oops! Wrong thread. Great idea and thanks for the tip! :)

BluBirD78

Master of BluballZ
|K3| Member
IM on a mac and it wont work

Yeah I'm not sure Gavin, I've never used a Mac so it might work if your not doing something right or maybe it doesn't work at all. I figured it would but maybe one of the Mac users here can weigh in on this...

Top Bottom