Can an SD card survive the spin cycle?

AVC

Banned
So I took some photos with the digital for some Ebay stuff, and decided to do it at work so I pop the SD card out and put it in my shirt pocket (yes, you know where this is going).

The card would not read in my laptop, I assume because it was a HD card and the lappie is a bit old.

Any way, tonight my wife asks where the photos of the things I took the other day. Uh oh.

Not in the laptop. Not anywhere on my desk, in the PC or where all my pocket crap came out. Not in the shirt (which is hanging up freshly ironed). Not in the washing machine. I look in the dryer. There it is. It must have fell out of the pocket during the drying cycle AFTER it had been through the wash.

I'm a bit worried here, as all the Easter photos were on it (not yet DL'd to the PC).

Plug it in. YES!! All OK.

But not recommended.

Just thought I'd share :)

BluBirD78

Master of BluballZ
|K3| Member
Oh very nice AVC, I sure wouldn't have thought that an SD card would survive the wash, and the dryer :eek:

I guess it got cleaned out and then dried, and now it works, either way I'm glad it still works for ya ;)

BriAn79

Second Lieutenant
Former Krew Member
Yeah that's crazy Andy, I'm glad it still works for you. It does suck to lose good pics of times like that. Pretty neat that it survived the washer and dryer though lol.

Joe Momma

First Lieutenant
Former Krew Member
ive had many things go in water or washer without dying

jumped in swiming pool doing cannon ball with cellphone (i was 12 i laughed my ass off)
few days later after drying it worked just fine

game boy games in washer (9 years old) i poped them in the dryer and worked fine

remote control car (13) rained on it, i opened it and replaced a bad transistor and it worked flawlessly

i have so many but those are examples :p

Top Bottom