TheDude wants a Castor Board - Snake Board

TheDude

Dudesicle
|K3| Member
Yo dudes. I am looking to buy a castor board or snake board, whichever is better.

My friend had one and we always used to go out and smoke cigs and ride around, and it was awesome. The only problem was that after a while the back wheel got ground down to almost nothing, so it no longer works (too well).

I have been looking around for a couple of days, and cannot seem to compare the different products out there too well. I am not in the know for skating shit, and I was hoping some people here could recommend a solid castor board or snakeboard, whichever is better.

I'm looking for something nice, that's not going to break (like a kids toy), with replaceable wheels or wheels that aren't going to get ground down just cuz you carve downhill a lot. I'm not necessarily looking for a lightweight one, but if that's what the "pros" :)LOL: pro-ripstickers) use, then I guess that's what TheDude shall use.

As far as I can tell, the only difference between a Castor Board and a Snake Board is that the castor has 2 wheels while the snake has 2 wheels on each truck (4 total) like a traditional skateboard.

As of yet, the only ones I see sold in stores are made by Razor, a company that is notoriously overpriced. They also don't really make anything above kid-level products. I don't want to spend 80 bux on a ripstick unless it's going to be really nice.

So, suggestions?

Last edited:

TheDude

Dudesicle
|K3| Member
:LOL: actually I think the majority of people who use this are under 16 XD

that just makes me a weirdo.

Jack

|KKK|s Sexiest Voice
|K3| Member
i dont know much about castor boards, but if you can learn to kickflip one, your probably part jesus.

TheDude

Dudesicle
|K3| Member
yea we were trying that for a while. It's pretty hard to even manual on one. For even 2 seconds.

We were thinkin' that we'd have to get one of those super lightweight ones.

Jack

|KKK|s Sexiest Voice
|K3| Member
Well, I couldn't even move around on one, soo I didn't get a chance to try manual... lol
why not stick to regular skateboards?

TheDude

Dudesicle
|K3| Member
Ripsticks are like carving on a snowboard, and you can work your way up hills.

More just like chill out and ride a castor board.

Top Bottom