Unban Request thread?

TheDude

Dudesicle
|K3| Member
Hello guys.

As moderators, sometimes we make mistakes. When we make mistakes, it sucks for someone. Someone gets banned, kicked, or whatnot wrongfully. So, we ask for them to be unbanned as quickly as possible. However, they may hate us forever and never come back or something.

So, I think we should have a thread where we post the unban requests we have made, so that people coming to our forum can check to see that their unban is in progress, and also our mods can attach a little apology. We can also keep track of what mods make what unban request.

So do you all think this is a good idea? I think it should be public information who we accidentally ban, and also I would love to opportunity to apologize when I do mistakenly ban someone. The only problem is that, in the server, when I accidentally ban someone, they mysteriously disappear :cry: and I can't apologize ingame. So on the forum, here, in this thread, would be a great place.

Whatcha think? Make this thread the unban request thread?

Post ban like you would have in staff bans section, only instead of REASON for ban, post APOLOGY, and always include GUID.

Joe Momma

First Lieutenant
Former Krew Member
I swear I was just about to make a thread like this. I was about to hit post when I saw yours. +1

HIBred

Foolish Mortal
|K3| Executive
please refer to un-ban request thread made by Pwnsauce one day ago :wink:

PaigeBoo

|KKK|s wise lesbian
Former Krew Member
I'm so much beter than you guys because i have ridiculous headphones. Just LOOK!

One game is more than enough, but we played with you for more than one game as well. The ban wasn't wrong, and we aren't full of shit either, we are both mods for a reason. I actually have a quality set of headphones, and when speccing someone I suspect is wallhacking I turn them up and make sure I can hear everything that person can hear. HOWEVER. Silo was using a stealth class AND crouching, and Mel was crouching the entire time I was speccing. As I was doing when Silo was speccing as well.

It's not bullshit. You just think you're the shit and that you piss on everyone else. Well you don't. You've been banned. No point in crying about it. Since the consensus in this thread seems to be that the ban will stay.

DamageINC

K3's Useless Admin
|K3| Executive
If thats a serious question you're a dumb ass.

Also, why did you make the same post in two sections, Ieditz?

Keep it here please > http://krewgaming.com/showthread.php/7290-Might-as-well-post-here

OT - I don't think it's needed. Mistake bans are so infrequent a PM to WaLLy and an apology on the server (if they come back) seems to be enough. I've seen a few people I've accidentally banned back in the server and could apologize to them there. If they don't come back, well mistakes happen.

Last edited:

HIBred

Foolish Mortal
|K3| Executive
Wally I banned a dude for "all guns hack"...come to find out he was at the right level ...
he left as soon as he saw !list so i made the ban via !lookup and client id (@7190)
xXFireZz
guid 394358d3
s1 9/28/12
(side note) originally i was speccing him for WH and he left imediately after i did !list ...kinda fishy anyway,at least deserves observation if he comes back at all.

He was using an AK 47 at level 4 ,i was mistaken in thinking it was unlocked at a higher level.I asked about it in shout then looked it up but the info was wrong...
I apologize to FireZz for the misunderstanding and to the admins for the trouble ..

Last edited:
Top Bottom