Laptop COD4ing

AVC

Banned
Normally I game on my desktop machine. No probs. It zips along quite nicely.

Previously I had a crapola wireless connection that used to ping slower that McFoe could fly to LA and back.

Now I have a new connection (for the laptop) which gives me a 200ish ping (on Speedtest), so I can connect, but the game runs slower that a really, really slow thing.

This laptop I'm on now is a Core 2 Duo (2.0 GHz, 667 FSB) with 2GB of DDR2 and a GeForce Go 7400 256MB, which also can use Ram for a total memory of 400 MB.

In game I get a ping of around 300ish, but a frame rate of about 5, sometimes 8. You cant even spawn camp. Or move. I could play Shipment with lots of players and use Marty, but that's about it.

So who is using lappies here? I know McFoe does (but I can't remember what vid card is in it, or what brand it is).

B

BlackRat

Manufacturer: TOSHIBA Qosimo
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU T9400 @ 2.53GHz (2 CPUs), ~2.5GHz, Quad core HD processor
Memory: 8GB Ram
Hard Drive: 307 GB x 2
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce 9600M GT 512MB
Monitor: SAMSUNG SyncMaster2243BW digital
Sound Card: Speakers (Realtek High Definition Audio)
Speakers/Headphones: Logitech X-540 5.1/Logitech G35
Keyboard: Logitech G19
Mouse: Razer Lachesis
Mouse Surface: Razer Goliathus
Operating System: Windows Vista™ Ultimate 64bit (6.0, Build 6002) Service Pack 2 (6002.vistasp2_gdr.100218-0019)
Computer Case: Laptop

Joe Momma

First Lieutenant
Former Krew Member
yea, i would adjust how many packets you send to server, and try to be as close to your wireless router as possible. also let some air to your laptop so it can breath. and if it laggs graphicly, turn down settings. those are my recommendations. also make sure you have the latest drivers.

NickHouston

WaLLy's Personal Favorite Krew Member
|K3| Member
|K3| Media Team
i use a laptop. mine did that until i ajusted the graphic settings. try doing all graphics to low and see what happens

AVC

Banned
i use a laptop. mine did that until i ajusted the graphic settings. try doing all graphics to low and see what happens

I'll tell you what happens. I get about 30 FPS. That with everything on the lowest of the low, and things like decals turned off. It looks like Doom used to. LOL

517Houston

|KKK| Gaming Legend
|K3| Member
I did as Nick suggested.. Runs great now.. But I didnt set all to the lowest. I played around a bit with them until I got what I wanted. Internet connection means alot with the online version as well. Digital downloads dont always work I found

NickHouston

WaLLy's Personal Favorite Krew Member
|K3| Member
|K3| Media Team
certain thing may be set to high just have to adjust to what your laptop is capable of..

R

Rhynops

Recently bought a brand new gaming laptop my self: G73JH-A2. Was surprised to see McFoe has a G72, nice machine. Anyway, here are the specs:

Manufacturer: Asus
Processor: Intel® Mobile Core i7 720QM
Memory: 8192 MB DDR3 1333MHz
Hard Drive: 1,000GB (1TB) 7200RPM (Dual 500GB 7200RPM)
Video Card: ATi Mobility Radeon HD 5870 GDDR5 1024MB
Monitor: 17.3" FHD Glossy (1920x1080)
Sound Card: Speakers (Realtek High Definition Audio)
Mouse: Custom ROG Laser Mouse
Operating System: Windows 7™ Home Premium 64bit

Gets me 90 FPS on CoD4 with everything running max, 30 FPS on Crysis on High settings :D
I love it. :)

PwnSauce

Banned
I game on my MacBOok which is as good as my Win7 desktop.
It's great b/c I can take it with me when I travel so I'm not away from gaming too much.

Top Bottom