Dedicated server confirmed for Black Ops 2

animal66

Second Lieutenant
Member of the Year
|K3|Super-Moderator
http://www.egmnow.com/articles/news/dedicated-servers-confirmed-for-black-ops-2-on-pc/

For PC-playing fans of the Call of Duty series, it was confirmed today that the next chapter—Call of Duty: Black Ops 2—will indeed have dedicated servers.

The announcement came via a tweet a bit earlier today from Treyarch’s director of technology, Cesar Stastny.

“Confirmed: Ranked Dedicated Servers for #BlackOps2″

Give that the original Black Ops and Modern Warfare 3 both had dedicated servers, this isn’t the most surprising of announcements. Still, it’s nice to now have it confirmed.

DamageINC

K3's Useless Admin
|K3| Executive
They said the original Black ops was going to have them as well didn't they?

I put no stock in what game companies say anymore.

Thanks for the info. XD

TheDude

Dudesicle
|K3| Member
Unless they run BO2 like they ran cod4 servers, it's not gonna be worth it, IMO.

CoD4 has the best servers of any cod out there.

HIBred

Foolish Mortal
|K3| Executive
:veryhappy: the key words being RANKED dedi servers..hope hope hope it pans out!:dancing:

Joe Momma

First Lieutenant
Former Krew Member
i hope blackops 2 doesnt suck as much as 1

Black ops 1 didn't suck. If anything mw3 "sucked". Mw3 you have like a whopping 3 maps to play on. And their knock off of zombies failed. I give it a 7/10 tops. Black ops was much more fun. I give black ops a 8.7/10

TheDude

Dudesicle
|K3| Member
Black ops sucked. Absolutely.

Nothing Black Ops-y about it.

Maps were definite treyarch maps.... meaning they have lots of extra shit that just gets in the way of them being good competitive maps.

Weapons aren't balanced for PC, only for console.

Servers sucked.

Laggy.

Perk system was cool..... but whodafuq cares when the rest of it sucks

Having said ALL THIS......

I just reinstalled Black Ops on my mac XD and i'ma play the shit out of it.

ponyboy

|KKK|'s Pony
|K3| Member
when cod 4 came out people were pissed but it ended up being the best fps ever. everyone hates on black ops 2 watch it be amazing.

Top Bottom