[SOLVED] Rule Clarification

Status
Not open for further replies.

Predator'

Staff Sergeant
So I just brought a new RAT 7 gaming mouse that comes with a prescion aim button. This button basically slows my sensitivity right down so that I can stay on target and lock in however I still get the sway of the sight on COD. Can someone give me some clarification as to whether or not I can use it on our servers. I just wanted to be sure in case it is kinda cheaty.

Unruley1

Master Sergeant
Former Krew Member
i do not believe we have a rule about what mouse to use. and changing the sensitivity is not considered cheating, i think you can use it. See what others say first though.

- - - Updated - - -

i do not believe we have a rule about what mouse to use. and changing the sensitivity is not considered cheating, i think you can use it. See what others say first though.

DamageINC

K3's Useless Admin
|K3| Executive
Do you mean DPI or what? I'm kind of confused?

We had a member way back when who had a mouse that had some sort of rapid fire button. We disallowed that.

I watched a video just now on youtube of a guy who said he was using that button in MW2. Didn't look like it gave any advantage at all, but it was just one video.

I doubt it will be an issue.

animal66

Second Lieutenant
Member of the Year
|K3|Super-Moderator
I've been using a RAT 3 pretty much ever since i joined the Krew. There is as far as i can see, no special advantage to be gained (just looking at my kdr will tell you that). It's a legit mouse and so long as you aren't using any illegal binds, then there isn't a problem.

Predator'

Staff Sergeant
Do you mean DPI or what? I'm kind of confused?

We had a member way back when who had a mouse that had some sort of rapid fire button. We disallowed that.

I watched a video just now on youtube of a guy who said he was using that button in MW2. Didn't look like it gave any advantage at all, but it was just one video.

I doubt it will be an issue.
It brings the DPI down so you dont go off target, not like a lock on aimbot but it just stops you from shaking of target.

- - - Updated - - -

I've been using a RAT 3 pretty much ever since i joined the Krew. There is as far as i can see, no special advantage to be gained (just looking at my kdr will tell you that). It's a legit mouse and so long as you aren't using any illegal binds, then there isn't a problem.
Oh okay thanks

Ethan

Captain
Former Krew Member
I use the default mouse.

Getting a specialized gaming mouse is for n00bs.
I think you are good, as long as you don't scroll fire.

Freeze

Second Lieutenant
Former Krew Member
DPI should be allowed, cool of you that you posted a thread about it first just to be sure ;) Kudos!

DamageINC

K3's Useless Admin
|K3| Executive
Yeah, changing DPI is definitely not a problem.

I have an on the fly DPI changer on my mouse as well. I gave up using it as it really doesn't help me at all.

Thanks for asking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom