Remove some of the older forum announcements?

Freeze

Second Lieutenant
Former Krew Member
Here's a little idea that might make our forums more attractive for newcomers. When unregistered or newly registered people join the forums they see a huge list of announcements on the home page often outdated, such as the AK krew komp announcement. I thought it might be a good idea for the two basic announcements to be there that would be useful for newcomers which are:
Have you been banned from one of our servers?
Read the following thread to appeal your ban.

Are you interested in joining the |KKK|?
Click here for more info

Otherwise if there are other important announcements they should be posted on the homepage but also should be removed after 1 - 2 weeks.

It's just an idea which imo would make the forums more attractive for newbies.

~Freez

BluBirD78

Master of BluballZ
|K3| Member
I'm not sure if unregistered people can do this or not but on the top right of each announcement (on mine anyways) there is an "X" that you can close each on individually, I didn't know this for a long time but you can close those, but like I said not sure if it's for just registered members or for everyone...

WaLLy

Lieutenant General
|K3| Executive
I thought about this a few days ago, but slipped my mind much like everything else.. :(

Thanks for the thread though. It'll serve me as a reminder and will get cracking on it when I get home.

DamageINC

K3's Useless Admin
|K3| Executive
I went ahead and disabled the following

Komp
Breast Cancer
B3 announcement ( since we have no b3 atm)

Top Bottom