2 simple questions.

Sgt.Fishy

Sergeant
|K3| Member
1. Does anyone know how to actual install a 360 controller onto a laptop for gaming use? I've been trying to find out, no help.

2. In which way can I find out what RAM I'd need to get? I know how to do it for PC, but I got no idea if it's the same for a laptop.

DamageINC

K3's Useless Admin
|K3| Executive
http://www.atlava.com/forum/tutorials-and-guides/12911-how-to-use-xbox-360-controller-pc.html

http://e-xbox360-accessories.blogspot.com/2012/01/how-to-connect-your-xbox-360-wired.html

PIN type
RAM comes in different lengths, and is typically smaller for laptops than desktops. Laptops normally use 200-pin RAM, though smaller laptops can use 172-pin or 144-pin RAM. Many older laptops use the 144-pin RAM. In order to find the correct RAM type, either refer to the laptop's user manual or look at the RAM that is already installed. To view the RAM, turn the laptop off and unplug it. Turn the laptop over and unscrew the panel that contains the RAM. This is marked with a "M." Take out the RAM and note the specifications.

RAM Type
RAM comes in several types such as DDR, DDR2, DDR3, and SDRAM. Each laptop uses specific types of RAM. Currently, many laptops use DDR2 RAM, though newer models now use DDR3. The RAM is usually labeled with the type of RAM and the speed of the RAM. This designation also has a corresponding type label. For example, a RAM that is DDR2 800 can be called PC2-6400.

animal66

Second Lieutenant
Member of the Year
|K3|Super-Moderator
easiest way for ram is to go to www.crucial.com and enterb your laptops details, the site will then tell you what the maximum is for your laptop, and what each slot will take. Then it'll try and sell you it.

BluBirD78

Master of BluballZ
|K3| Member
Nice find animal, I just checked it out and put the model of my laptop in and it found it, easy as that! ;)

Pugsport

Second Lieutenant
|K3| Member
you can use a standard wireless control if your laptop has bluetooth if not you need a wired one and drivers

stevo

eh
Former Krew Member
you can also buy a USB wireless adapter for the 360 controller if its wireless and install xbox360 controller driver. CPU-Z will also give you info about all the hardware in your PC/Laptop.

Top Bottom