Easy Rib eye recipe

DamageINC

K3's Useless Admin
|K3| Executive
Typically steak is cooked on very high heat for a short amount of time. This recipe is a bit different as it uses lower heat and a bit longer cooking time.

Pre heat skillet or pan over med heat. I have an electric stove. I usually turn it to 4 or 4 1/2. Because the cast iron holds the heat so well, i used 4 for this. I like my steak rare to med rare, so my times are based on that and the thickness of the steak. This one wasn't too thick so i adjusted my times.

I cooked each side two min's then took the steak out. 90 seconds also works well.

Next i melt three pats of butter along with two or three cloves of chopped garlic. Melt the butter with the garlic, put steak back into pan. I cooked it an additional two min's per side. Sometimes i do 90 seconds, it just depends on how the steak is cooking, cut of meat etc. I can tell when the steak is cooked perfectly for me just from touch or inserting a toothpick or knife. This might not work for everyone since some of you may not cook every night etc. Going strictly by the times should yield a good med-rare.

Some other tips.

* Let the steak rest for 10 mins before eating.
* Let the steak come to room temp. before cooking. I let mine sit out for about five hours or so, but one or two is fine. I salt each side then cover it with a paper towel.
* If the steak has a lot of fat on the sides, you can cook it vertically to melt off some of the fat and use that for grease to cook it in. Wipe it out before putting the butter in.

BluBirD78

Master of BluballZ
|K3| Member
All I can say is :drool:

Might have to try something like that, I think my bro might be coming over this weekend (maybe) and I got some ribeye's to cook, what would you recommend as a side besides fries?

JohnRyAn

|KKK|JohnRyAn
|K3| Member
Wow that's looking VERY tasty and now I'm much more hungry. Thanks for the recipe D !!

felon

I'm back :)
Former Krew Member
You could make a gravy out of the juices, blu. Or you could caramelise some diced onion in them.

Don't waste the juices!

DamageINC

K3's Useless Admin
|K3| Executive
Himalayan Pink Salt is a pure, hand-mined salt that is derived from ancient sea salt deposits, and it is believed to be the purest form of salt available. The high mineral crystals range in color from sheer white, varying shades of pink, to deep reds, the result of high mineral and iron content. The Himalayan Pink Salt is “Gourmet Food Grade”, the highest quality of Himalayan salt available.

BluBirD78

Master of BluballZ
|K3| Member
Or you could caramelise some diced onion in them.

No go on the onions, Brian doesn't like them lol. I got some Brauts at the store the other day also so I'm not sure which we'll have now lol, I'll leave it up to him ;)

Top Bottom