Is there a free way to...

Bart

Sergeant
Does anyone know how to freely (or very cheaply) record gameplay video for youtube on a mac?

NickHouston

WaLLy's Personal Favorite Krew Member
|K3| Member
|K3| Media Team
hypercam? and xfire is pretty good. hypercam isnt really a gaming thing.

Bart

Sergeant
Ok im downloading it. Thanks

---------- Post added at 06:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:49 PM ----------

How do you record in blackfire? do you know?

Freeze

Second Lieutenant
Former Krew Member
If you're looking for a cheap "pay" option fraps is the best way to go, specially made for gaming and only 30€.

Titoezz

Second Lieutenant
|K3| Member
m( at all these replies, shame on you all.

Blackfire can't record video, so it's only the Mac alternative for the chat in xfire.

To record video, you have a lot of apps that will do, but i'll get you 3 of the best(imo) to choose from;

iShowU = http://store.shinywhitebox.com/ // demo version

ScreenFlow = http://www.telestream.net/screen-flow/overview.htm // demo version

Snapz Pro X = http://www.ambrosiasw.com/utilities/snapzprox/ // demo version

All 3 are very easy to get the full version from on Pirate Bay(if it is still running in your area) or another Torrent website, but i'll let that to you, try them out first.

Freeze

Second Lieutenant
Former Krew Member
To Titoezz:

Mate he's looking for a free version so probably also a LEGAL version. I mean ofcourse you could illegally download the best stuff for free but comeon man -_-.

Titoezz

Second Lieutenant
|K3| Member
Hence why i chose apps that have a demo version.

Your fraps recommendation was great btw /sarcasm

Freeze

Second Lieutenant
Former Krew Member
Rofl just so you know just about every person I know that is big on youtube uses fraps to record their video games, I use it myself. The only downside is the video size which can easily be compressed.

Titoezz

Second Lieutenant
|K3| Member
You still don't get it do you? Bart has an APPLE COMPUTER..Fraps is windows only. read before you comment.

Freeze

Second Lieutenant
Former Krew Member
You still don't get it do you? Bart has an APPLE COMPUTER..Fraps is windows only. read before you comment.

Relax, I forgot to add that to the post lol, and you could've just told me instead of acting extremely vague.

Bart

Sergeant
So I'll try the demos, and see if they are good, but I had hoped there would be a free and legal alternative.
Thanks for the efforts.

---------- Post added at 05:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:23 PM ----------

Does anyone know, perhaps, how to convert the demos made by /record into videos that i can upload?

MassNightmare

Resident Assassin and Ex-Member
Use either Adobe After Effects, Sony Vegas Pro 11 i think is the newest version, or if ur new use windows movie maker

Bart

Sergeant
mass nightmare im on a mac so windows movie maker doesnt work, and i was hoping not to have to spend 100+ dollars for after effects.
Thanks for input though.

Top Bottom