old single core laptop running vista? :o

Joe Momma

First Lieutenant
Former Krew Member
who here thinks that the following can run vista fairly good.

1.6ghz celeron processor (not celeron m)
1gb ram
intel 945 chipset

tell me what you think first then ill post up results in a day or 2.

edit: windows aero will be enabled

edit2: heres my youtube channel. its on there. feel free to see results and comment on here and/or youtube!! :D

Brave old lenovo laptop running vista

Cent0

Lieutenant Colonel
|K3| Member
i don't think so. but i might tryxP
dunnoo much bout computers. but mine is dual core?
isn't dual better?

Joe Momma

First Lieutenant
Former Krew Member
yes dual is better. this is a little experiment im doing that i thougght i would share with you guys.

BluBirD78

Master of BluballZ
|K3| Member
IMO I don't think it would run good, also are you talking about 32bit or 64?, cause that also makes a difference. Vista is a major resource hog, so I'm not even sure if the 1GB ram is going to work well with 32bit, my thoughts on the subject ;)

WaLLy

Lieutenant General
|K3| Executive
dont spam me, yes those are the minimum requrments but that dosent mean its gonna run good. god nvm im not even the post results.

LOL.

We all know Vista is a hog and I can already imagine how it'll run on with the specs you mentioned above.

Pugsport

Second Lieutenant
|K3| Member
who here thinks that the following can run vista fairly good.

1.6ghz celeron processor (not celeron m)
1gb ram
intel 945 chipset

tell me what you think first then ill post up results in a day or 2.

edit: windows aero will be enabled

hmm i dont think you will be using windows aero lol. cuz i seem to remember it needs to 2gb of ram to run that and you said you only have a 1gb

Joe Momma

First Lieutenant
Former Krew Member
im currently uploading the video of the laptop. it should be done in half hour or so.

WaLLy

Lieutenant General
|K3| Executive
times up! :p

I think you'll be done in 30 more minutes. It's Vista we're talking about here. :p

BluBirD78

Master of BluballZ
|K3| Member
Not a bad Video at all Joe, I am surprised that Vista runs that well on it, but as you said its the 32bit version so I would guess that the 64bit would not be good running on it. All in all, nice job man ;)

Pugsport

Second Lieutenant
|K3| Member
thats not worth anything. the state of that had its gonna be crying its full once you have made one word document and we never got to see it run windows aero

Joe Momma

First Lieutenant
Former Krew Member
they're called widgets :p

and LMAO at 1:21!!! hahaha

And it actually doesn't run too bad. Maybe once it gets stuff on it, it'll get slower. Not bad though!

oh, and that's what she said @ 2:28. :p
actualy its been running for about a month and a half. has quite a few programs on it, but it still runs like the day i did a fresh install

and in windows there called gadgets, in macs there called widgets or w/e somethingg like that :p

overall tho it runs quite good for a older single core laptop. would make a decent working/school/basic internet computer.

Top Bottom