Everything we know about MW3 so far

517Houston

|KKK| Gaming Legend
|K3| Member
Quick Overview :

Development :
Call of Duty : Modern Warfare 3 is a FPS action game co-developped by Infinity Ward and Sledgehammer Games and published by Activision.
MW3 is expected to hit the shelves on November 8th, 2011 for the PC, PS3, Xbox 360 and Nintendo Wii/DS.
Treyarch is handling the development of the Wii version of MW3. n-Space is handling the NDS version.
Beachhead is working on the "Elite" service.

Technical Side :
MW3 runs on an improved version of the IW 4.0 engine (used in MW2), referred to as the "MW3 engine" in respect to Sledgehammer Games. It is acclaimed for it's quick-responsive controls and silky smooth gameplay.
MW3's framerate is locked at 60 FPS and will never run below that.
Infinity Ward has promised that just like with their past titles, the game will run equally on all platforms. (Same resolution/framerate)
Some of the engine improvements include streaming tech for greater level scales and improved audio for more situational awareness.

Gameplay :
  • Modern Warfare 3 has 3 components : A Campaign mode featuring a "very cinematic experience with insane action moments", a very depth Multiplayer mode, and a Co-Op mode featuring mission-based "Spec Ops" as well as a horde-based mode named "Survival".
  • Free PC Dedicated Servers will be featured from Day 1.
  • Xbox 360 gets DLC's 1 month (or so) before the other platforms.
Comparison to past CoD games :
  • Recoil patterns significantly increased from MW2.
  • Same frame rate as MW2.
  • Not returning from Black Ops : Dive-To-Prone, Combat Training, Second Chance, Multiplayer Currency, Stacking Killstreaks, Firecapped Pistols.
  • Not returning from MW2 : One Man Army, Stopping Power, Danger Close, Commando, Last Stand, Tactical Nuke
  • A lot of fan favorites (weapons...) are coming back, from CoD4 and MW2 (i.e. MP5, G36C, Model 1887...)
  • The slide is pulled when reloading an emptied pistol.
Game Components :

Campaign
  • MW3 is a direct sequel to MW2
  • MW3 takes place during a hypothetical WW3
  • MW3 will focus more on the storytelling aspect of the game, something MW2 lacked.
  • The Campaign cannot be played cooperatively as it "ruins the cinematic experience" according to Infinity Ward.
  • Known factions are Delta Force (American), SAS (British) and GIGN (French), Spetsnaz (Russian) and apparently OpFor (middle-eastern).
  • Currently 3 missions are known : Black Tuesday, Hunter Killer and Mind the Gap.
  • Confirmed locations are USA (Manhattan, Washington D.C.), UK (London, and Lambeth rumored), France (Paris), Germany (Hamburg and Berlin), Russia (Moscow rumored), India (Himalayas, and Dharmasala rumored), Somalia (Mogadishu) as well as other parts of Africa (Sierra Leone rumored). Other rumored locations are Czech Republic (Prague), United Arab Emirates (Dubai), Greece (Meteora) and the Alps (cross-continental European mountains).
  • Confirmed characters are Frost (playable), Sandman, Eddie Decker, Grunt, Truck, Grinch, Overlord, Wallcroft, Marcus Burns (playable) and Vladimir Makarov.
For the list of achievements/trophies, see this thread.

Spec Ops 2.0
  • Spec Ops is a mode included in MW3 that features "cool moments that didn't fit in the campaign". Most of the settings are campaign-based however. They are usually simple missions with a clear objective to do that is indicated from the start. Bear in mind however that simple does not mean easy.
  • New features are set to appear in Spec Ops such as Online Matchmaking, Progressive Ranking and Leaderboards.
  • You now have a unique progressive ranking system in Spec Ops that is completely separate from your Multiplayer rank. That rank will allow you to unlock new missions and difficulties.
  • Spec Ops encourages co-op play, as missions played with 2 players are easier than when played Solo (difficulty does not increase).
  • Every mission can be played solo or cooperatively.
  • You can play Spec Ops solo, split-screen, with a friend online or with a stranger online.
  • Known Missions : "Invisible Threat". A mission that can be played solo or with a player (just like every mission) that takes place in Berlin, Germany. You take control of a Juggernaut, and if you chose to play with a friend, your friend takes the role of a Sniper (with a Barrett .50cal according to people who played the game at Gamescom) who provides supportive fire from a ledge afar. The Juggernaut has to defuse 9 IED's around the map, and the Sniper uses Predator Drones and such to keep enemies off the Juggernaut.
Survival Mode
  • Survival Mode is a part of Spec Ops, but the concept is completely different than the mission-based Spec Ops.
  • It is playable on all Multiplayer Maps, so you can also use it as training for learning the maps before jumping online.
  • It is a brand new wave-based mode where a 1-2 player(s) must fight off increasingly difficult waves of enemies until they are overcame by them.
  • As the rounds progress the enemies become smarter, aim better and get better weapons. There are also different types of enemies, see below.
  • Confirmed enemy types : Soldiers, Attack Dogs, Chemical Soldiers, Kamikaze Soldiers, Kamikaze Dogs, Juggernauts (and different variants who all have their weakness i.e. with riot shields, weak to explosives, weak to headshots), and Air Support (Attack Choppers, Pavelows...)
  • You earn money as you kill enemies, get assists, complete challenges and more. You can use that money to buy features from any of the three armories. (see below)
  • When both players die, it's game over. When one player is downed, however, it is possible to revive him using a syringe.
  • You also have an armor. (Represented by a percentage at the bottom of the screen. When it runs out, it does not replenish. You have to buy another one from the Equipment armory)
  • You start off with a pistol (the Five-seveN), 2 flashbangs and 2 frag grenades. It is possible to pick up enemy weapons.
  • In each map there are 3 armories. A weapon armory (represented by the Pistol icon), an Equipment armory (represented by the Frag icon) and an Air Support armory (represented by the Harrier icon)
  • In the weapon armory, you can buy refill your ammo, buy attachments, buy new weapons and upgrade them. Weapons have different pricings but also behave in different manners, as certain weapons in Spec Ops are purposely made overpowered, unlike in Multiplayer.
  • In the equipment armory, you can refill your frags, flashbangs, buy claymores, C4, syringes and probably armor. You can also buy turrets, automatic grenade launchers and more.
  • In the Air Support armory, this is essentially where you call for help. You can call in a Delta Squad of AI-controlled computers to drop from a helicopter and help you fight. You can also call in a Riot Shield squad to support you. It is also possible to buy Air Support such as Predator Missiles and AC-130's.
  • For a more in-depth look at Survival mode, please see Androyed's thread here.
Multiplayer

All info regarding MW3 Multiplayer can be found in this thread::

http://www.kkkgaming.com/showthread.php?5288-All-MW3-Confirmed-Multiplayer-Info&p=80360#post80360

HIBred

Foolish Mortal
|K3| Executive
yay no nukes..no last stand...boo no commando...yay no multiplayer currency thx 517

WaLLy

Lieutenant General
|K3| Executive
Free PC dedicated servers from day 1 huh? If Linux binaries are released, we'll be able to have a few MW3 servers ;) If not, we're shit out of luck..

Joe Momma

First Lieutenant
Former Krew Member
>MW3's framerate is locked at 60 FPS

whoan.jpg

Last edited:

animal66

Second Lieutenant
Member of the Year
|K3|Super-Moderator
Thanks for the info houston, i'll be getting it on release day

Sodalover

Second Lieutenant
|K3| Member
Joe, like come on. Just because you hate BF3 doesnt mean you have to bash it all the time man.

Joe Momma

First Lieutenant
Former Krew Member
Joe, like come on. Just because you hate BF3 doesnt mean you have to bash it all the time man.

When did I say I hated battlefield 3? Infact I think if you are going to dish out 60 bucks for a game battlefield would be the way to go. mw3 is going to be a map pack for mw2 pretty much.

MasterCLiP

Resident Brony
Former Krew Member
I'll probably get mw3 instead of battlefield 3 because:
1. I will be able to run it on my computer, no way will I be able to run BF3.
2. I have never played a Battlefield game and I'm quite familiar with the Call of Duty mechanics. I don't have time to learn a whole new game so i would rather stick to CoD's familiar feeling. One of the reasons I'm glad they didn't update the engine.

A lot of people just scratched MW3 off once they heard 'using same engine as MW2', but you can't just judge who good a game is just by it's graphics. It's possible that both MW3 and BF3 will sell well and get good ratings. I'm all for the BF3 vs. MW3 competition going on around the internet, but you can't write off one game or another without having even played them yet.

Joe Momma

First Lieutenant
Former Krew Member
I'll probably get mw3 instead of battlefield 3 because:
1. I will be able to run it on my computer, no way will I be able to run BF3.
2. I have never played a Battlefield game and I'm quite familiar with the Call of Duty mechanics. I don't have time to learn a whole new game so i would rather stick to CoD's familiar feeling. One of the reasons I'm glad they didn't update the engine.

A lot of people just scratched MW3 off once they heard 'using same engine as MW2', but you can't just judge who good a game is just by it's graphics. It's possible that both MW3 and BF3 will sell well and get good ratings. I'm all for the BF3 vs. MW3 competition going on around the internet, but you can't write off one game or another without having even played them yet.

I'm sorry but imo if I am going to spend a whole 60 dollars on a game I better like the gameplay as well as graphics. I don't want a game that looks like it was made in 2008. This is september of 20muthafucking11.

Top Bottom