How to update to Patch 1.7 for CoD4

WaLLy

Lieutenant General
|K3| Executive
It's that time folks, to move to 1.7! So here's how you git-er-dun!

The patch is a measly 38MB's and if you have a decent internet connection you should be able to download it within 2-3 minutes.

The following steps are for XP (it may differ slightly with other OS's)
-Download the patch from here: http://www.kkkgaming.com/downloads/CoD4MW-1.6-1.7-PatchSetup.exe
-Save it to your desktop
-Make sure CoD4 is completely closed.
-Once the download is complete, double-click the patch you downloaded.
-Click Run to open up the installer
-Click Next
-Select Accept, and then click next
-Click next
-Click next
-Click next
-Wait 'til it finishes installing the patch (about 5-10 seconds)
-Click finish

Open CoD4 like usual, and once you get to the main screen, verify it says 1.7.568 (your last 3 numbers may be the same, or it may not). If it does, welcome to 1.7! You're done! Go about playing CoD4 like the usual.

Any issues or concerns, we're here to help as best as we can.

[size=15pt]ATTENTION!!!! This is for the folks that bought the game from Direct2Drive[/size]
This is an important thing I discovered last night while trying to upgrade to 1.7.

If you digitally downloaded your game from Direct2Drive you need to patch it with a special digital patch that they provide

Here is thier statement from thier site::

Where do I get the latest patch for my Direct2Drive game?

Unlike cdroms that come as the first version ever, our downloads are pre-patched saving you the hassle! Be sure your game requires a patch before patching. It may already be up to date!

Any digital download specific patches made after your purchase will be available on Direct2Drive’s website.

http://www.direct2drive.com/patches/index.aspx

IMPORTANT: Please do not patch your Direct2Drive game with patches not offered by Direct2Drive unless you have checked our patches page. They are not compatible unless stated otherwise.

The normal patch that CDRom users download will NOT work.. Any questions just ask me

Last edited:

DamageINC

K3's Useless Admin
|K3| Executive
OK i just installed 1.7 patch. It is very simple and should only take a couple of minutes. I have taken screen shots and will post visual aid to what wally has said in the above post. I am using windows vista 64bit.

Step 1 - Once you have downloaded the patch file, find it on your computer. It should look like this - Screen Shot 1

Step 2 - Double click on the patch file shown in screen shot 1... That will open this box - Click on next - Screen Shot 2

Step 3 - Agree to the terms and click next. - Screen Shot 3

Step 4 - Click Next. - Screen Shot 4

SCROLL DOWN FOR THE ADDITIONAL SCREENSHOTS

[attachment deleted by admin]

DamageINC

K3's Useless Admin
|K3| Executive
Step 5 - Click next. - Screen Shot 5

Step 6 - Click Next. - Screen Shot 6

Step 7 - You Should now be seeing the install box with the green bar indicating your install progress. - Screen Shot 7

Step 8 - Click Finish - Screen Shot 8

DamageINC

K3's Useless Admin
|K3| Executive
Step 9 - Open up cod4 and verify you are on patch 1.7 - Screen shot 9

Thats it! You are now on patch 1.7.

F

fr33dumb

what if i have it for steam? oh and what does it update???

KateLove

Sergeant
you guys did it that hard way lol i can switch between 1.6 and 1.7 if i want and all i do is copy and paste

Top Bottom