i was just banned idk why

Z

zem

hi i was just playing your 24/7 broadcast server and was permanently banned i have no clue why no reason was given and no one warnded me.why was i banned??

my guid is:9b8ccb23f1f183bc239d617775c42af9

TheDude

Dudesicle
|K3| Member
You were using a rapidfire script/hack.

Server rule: No Cheating.

I have already expressed my view that moderators shouldn't be banning for scrollfire or anything we don't have an expressed rule for. This is not one of those situations.

Z

zem

ok all i had was double switch bind which makes you double switch by pressing 1 button it was no hack or cheat any1 can do it in console and no one warned me about it.

TheDude

Dudesicle
|K3| Member
Cheating. Here's what you achieved by doing this. You made it possible to fire the g3 rapidfire while aiming down site, while at the same time, the weapon switching reduces the recoil.

So how's this look?

Here is the post you should have made before doing this:

Hey guys,

Is it okay if I use this thing that makes my g3 rapidfire while aiming down sites, a thing that is impossible, not harder, impossible without binds? Everyone can do it, just click this link, copy the line of console commands, and paste it into your console field. Bingo, now with the simple press of one or two buttons, you can bypass some of the limits the designers placed on the guns!

^ i could switch one or two small words in this sentence and your post would be asking if it's okay to hack in our server.

Also, you were aiming down sights, rapid firing, and between every shot switching weapons twice, and you never messed up the rhythm. Of course I have no absolute proof, but I am calling bullshit on your claim that you only used a double switch bind, and that it is the 1 button, and you pressed the 1 button in perfect rhythm with the firing of the gun WHILE you were moving and aiming on server 1 and not dying. I mean shit, sometimes when I go to hit 4, I miss. But my hands only came with 5 button pressers. I am guessing you have more than that, right?

No more of this "anyone can make this bind." Anyone can download hacks, spawncamp, be racist...etc. By your logic, it sounds like you'd have no issue with a hack that you downloaded that produces the same effects, but does nothing else.

That's all I have to say. I'm sticking with this ban.

---------- Post added at 11:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:07 PM ----------

By the way, I have messed around with binds like double switch and other stuff. I didn't do it in our server.

By all means, explore the game, but when it comes to playing, play by the rules.

I could make a bind that fires once, double switches, aims down sights, and fires again.

I am fairly sure you can bind look commands to keys through console too? So I could get a bind that reduces recoil, maybe?I;m pretty sure people make binds that spin them in perfect 360's, so they can pull off epic 360's. I am guessing you can adjust other look settings.

Just because the console is there, doesn't mean the developers wanted you to bypass the settings of a gun they spent hours tweaking. Similar to the 360 bind, when my calculator finds the instantaneous rate of change of some function, I don't go "HELL YEA, did you see me find that ROC?". I mean, fkin' duh....

MasterCLiP

Resident Brony
Former Krew Member
Ugh I hate it when people post like that ^ it just feels condescending or like you're you're lecturing, it may just be because i'm in my teens; that kind of 'you done wrong and here's why' kind of talking just irritates me a bit, but whatever.

The dudes right though using those kinds of exploits in the game is considered cheating. You may get unbanned if you're nice about it. :)

TheDude

Dudesicle
|K3| Member
I went into a lecture because I needed to justify my ban, and as it is not technically a hack (pretty sure it wasn't), I felt I was going to get yelled at by some people. The post was more directed at those who would argue against my ban.

And it was condescending. The guy cheated. And I am pretty certain he lied about what his bind was. Waiting on his response about how many fingers he has.

felon

I'm back :)
Former Krew Member
I'd just like to know what it wrong with using a double switch bind?

I use it to end reloads early, so just instead of doubletapping 1, I just press it once.

MasterCLiP

Resident Brony
Former Krew Member
Felon bind weapon switch to mouse wheel up or down, you can end reloads early by using the mouse wheel to switch weapons.

felon

I'm back :)
Former Krew Member
I see no reason to change my setup when I am perfectly comfortable with it. It is not cheating what i do with it.

Z

zem

ok i understand ill wait and see what happens thanks for reaplying bb for now.

---------- Post added at 11:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:41 AM ----------

oh and the bind is /bind 1 weapnext;wait;wait;weapprev if you have 1 as ur switch weapon it will double switch by pressing 1 and if you have a g3 all you do is hold down fire and sights and then double switch it will fire everytime you double switch.........

TheDude

Dudesicle
|K3| Member
Did you read my post felon?

So double tap 1 if it's not a big deal. If it's a big deal, then you must be gettin' some huge advantage out or that bind.

MasterCLiP

Resident Brony
Former Krew Member
I don't even get what the bind does really, what is it like faster fire rate with g3 like with scrollfire? If so the scrollfire rule has always been sketchy on the forums

TheDude

Dudesicle
|K3| Member
No, it is faster than scroll fire.

Also, scroll fire you can do through the ingame menus. I could be persuaded to support allowing scroll fire on the servers, but not multiple-command binds.

If we make the rule be "You can bind whatever you want to whatever key, as long as it's one action per key." then we wouldn't be in the "Sketch Zone" on these bans.

ALso, I understand that some promod and competitive players use these binds........

That is completely irrelevant. Anyone who makes that argument should have their post deleted for being so dumb and worthless. This is not promod, and when have we EVER, i mean _EVER_, let some other clan or group dictate to us what our rules should be?

It's cheating, and that's just it.

For this dude, because, yea, he probably didn't actually think he was breaking a rule and won't do it again, maybe unban him in a week or so? I mean, it was cheating, but no one got seriously hurt, and I doubt he will be a repeat offender. If he is, we'll just ban him, right?

Last edited:

AVC

Banned
In actual fact, most competition rules state that multi-binds (i.e more than one action or command per keypress) are strictly forbidden.

Ending your reload early is not such an exploit.

Writing multiple commands to a bind in console is basically scripting, and therefore a cheat.

Top Bottom