Modern Warfare 3 will have dedicated servers!!!

MasterCLiP

Resident Brony
Former Krew Member
http://www.shacknews.com/article/69771/modern-warfare-3-on-pc-to-support-dedicated-servers

Modern Warfare 3 on PC to support dedicated servers
by Steve Watts, Aug 17, 2011 9:45am PDT
Related Topics – Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3, xbox 360, Sledgehammer Games, Call of Duty Series, Raven Software, Infinity Ward, Call of Duty Elite, PC, Activision, PlayStation 3, Gamescom 2011
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 will support dedicated servers on PC, Activision announced at Gamescom 2011. The server interface will be similar to the one found in the original Modern Warfare, before the company scrapped that structure in an effort to counter hacks and cheaters.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3
Word came from the semi-official blog One of Swords, citing a Eurogamer interview and a tweet from Sledgehammer VP Glen Schofield. The addition of dedicated servers came from fan demand, after the solutions in Modern Warfare 2 and Black Ops received numerous complaints from internet naysayers.

"The big announcement today is that we're supporting dedicated servers for PC, which is really cool," said Beachhead's Noah Heller.

Beachhead is currently at work on the Call of Duty Elite service, which Heller also shared more details about. "We're also doing a console app," he said. "So right there on PS3 and 360 you can jump out of the game into the app and communicate with your clan or do whatever you need to do before running back into the game."

This should heal some of the wounds from not getting a PC beta. Modern Warfare 3 is set to launch on November 8 for PC, PlayStation 3, and Xbox 360.

Last edited:

Kyle

Sergeant
|K3| Member
Good but the black ops servers didn't have ips to enter into your favourites hope they bring that back too the game looks awesome
Voldermorts Mom

WaLLy

Lieutenant General
|K3| Executive
:haha:

And I wont hold my hopes up. If it's anything like BO servers, we probably wont get any of them. If they allow other game server companies to host the servers then we'll probably get 1.

WaLLy

Lieutenant General
|K3| Executive
dedicated servers = the admins can do just about anything to 'em. like cod4.

BO dedicated servers are a joke. Only 1 game server company provides them, and the control that the admins have for the servers are minimal.

If they give more freedom with the dedicated servers, then I'll be one happy mofo! :bounce:

Cent0

Lieutenant Colonel
|K3| Member
Well, it said the dedicate servers will be like the first modern warfare, so I have little hope.

MasterCLiP

Resident Brony
Former Krew Member
I'm still excited about MW3 dedicated servers or not, but did you guys see the new battlefield 3 trailers? 64 player multiplayer vehicular gameplay = EPIC

RikuX2

Second Lieutenant
This game..is going to make....soooo much money. And now there probably won't be a boycott! Although...people always find something to complain about...and they still buy the game anyway!

Top Bottom