XFire vs. Steam

TheDude

Dudesicle
|K3| Member
Well, have at it. I personally think as a standalone, xfire is better, as it has more functions.

However, with the steam online store and all the deals and updates you get from that, plus the steam community and the ease at which you can launch and add/remove games, Steam takes the win for me. I also like steam's chat rooms better.

Xfire is just another unnecessary program I have to run because I made such a fuss about this in the first place. If I were you guys, and i had to pick, i'd ditch xfire. Not really that important.

Slaya

Sergeant
Former Krew Member
I like steam better but some old clans I joined it was a requirement to have xfire is why I have both

Ethan

Captain
Former Krew Member
I don't have either, but once I get a better computer/laptop, I will get them. Well, I do have a xfire, but I never have used it for anything.

Slaya

Sergeant
Former Krew Member
Theres blackfire for mac also, just like xfire. (I think its called blackfire)

UnTamed

Second Lieutenant
Yep but i cant record vids

---------- Post added at 07:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:12 AM ----------

And you need to BUY a game from steam not download it due to spam steam has made that rule.You can also purcahase a item from tf2 then you will become a premuim member~!!!!

Cent0

Lieutenant Colonel
|K3| Member
Steam has much more features than xfire.I hardly use xfire cuz it's kinda weak compared to steam, because they also sell games an whatnot

MasterCLiP

Resident Brony
Former Krew Member
I don't see what's wrong with liking and having both. They both are necessary for their different uses. Steam because of the steam store and steam community, xfire because you can record video. I'd probably uninstall xfire if steam ever let's it's users record in game video. Plus I like steam's overlays and chat rooms better, and all my games are tied in with steam.

TheDude

Dudesicle
|K3| Member
blackfire vs. steam is a joke. Blackfire has like 0 of the things that make xfire better than steam (ingame, video, broadcast, screenshot...etc.) . It is also buggy and ingame support is spotty.

WaLLy

Lieutenant General
|K3| Executive
I've been using Steam ever since I had to get it for MW2. Xfire is just another chat client, which I don't need. I hardly used it to record, and if I do need to record, I'll just use the cod4 record feature.

TheDude

Dudesicle
|K3| Member
If i still had the ability to delete stuff and edit posts, I would delete that post as spam houston! :rage:

oh well. It stays :giggle:

Top Bottom