WaW 1.7 patch problems with windows 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

McFoe

Staff Sergeant
|K3| Legend
as a few of yous know, i am having a bitch of a time getting WaW 1.7 multiplayer to work. It worked on v 1.1 but i cant get it to load under the 1.7 patch. I have tried all kinds of sound settings. I have tried running the game under every other option for operating systems under the compatibility modes. Still no dice. I am currently reinstalling it AGAIN! number 6 all in all. and I am going to mess with my virus shit and try to get 1.7 patch MP to load. If anyone has any help or suggestions please bring them forhth. I have been searching all of the net but I may be missing something. Any ideas? Thanks guys

MF

Pugsport

Second Lieutenant
|K3| Member
to start with go look at the punkbuster website and download the punkbuster that works with windows 7 and then install that after installing all the patches and see if that helps at all

also what version of windows 7 is it (32bit or 64bit os)

and do you get an error message?

McFoe

Staff Sergeant
|K3| Legend
its 64 bit and i dont get any error messages, its like as if i didnt even click on WaW multiplayer. single player is fine and I got it to work on 1.1 with no problems

Pugsport

Second Lieutenant
|K3| Member
ok right click on the sound icon in the task bar and then go to advanced or sounds option > then playback > then Speakers or output device > then right click go to properties > then to advanced > and make sure the sound is set to 16bit, 44100 hz (cd quality) and not 16bit 48000 hz (dvd quality)

McFoe

Staff Sergeant
|K3| Legend
alright fixed it! dont really know how, but it involved lots of cursing, throwin shit, and reinstalling the program and patches! topic locked

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom