A required distinction...

enV

Private First Class
I thought I would like to make something clear that I see frequently on the FFA Broadcast server...people throw the term "spawncamper" otherwise known as "sc" or "OMFG dude STOP!!!" around all the time but I think people need to know something that I've figured out that I think is pretty important. In my mind, there is a big difference between "spawncamping" and spawnkilling. Let me explain...
When I play CoD4, and I'm running around like a maniac sometimes I decide to, lets say, look out the door by the bathroom to the outside (the door by the long hallway that has the vending machine). If I see someone running in then I'll kill them and go on my way. But, from their point of view, I killing them maybe 1-2 sec after they spawn. That person then goes on a rampage and decides that I was purposely staying there for a long time and attracts the attention of the admins who put their attention on me instead of the noob who is sitting in a corner by the spawn that no one seems to notice because he's so bad he can't even get the kill when it's right in front of him. I am (kindly ;) ) suggesting to everyone that we just calm our nerves and pay less attention to the people who occasionally get a kill near a spawn but instead put it on those people who we just go 'meh' to because they aren't as good even though they are the real spawncampers who we should be focusing on. I think we should all accept the fact that on a map with 30 people you are bound to get some quick deaths and we should all just chill out a bit ;). I haven't been on the other servers that much so I don't know if this happens on others but I just thought I'd point it out. I'm open for comments and your guys' oppinions. Peace...
I AM NOT RANTING JUST POINTING OUT SOMETHING I THINK WE ALL SHOULD KNOW
-enV​

---------- Post added at 11:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:37 AM ----------

There are a few grammatical mistakes but I think you guys can live with it :)

WaLLy

Lieutenant General
|K3| Executive
Yup, the issue has been brought up many times. And you're right, it's usually the person that got spawn killed because someone ran by that yells "OMGWTFBBQFYSC!!!" :giggle:

enV

Private First Class
Ok then, glad it's been brought up. I just didn't know and thought it would be useful :)

BriAn79

Second Lieutenant
Former Krew Member
Yeah I agree too, hell it's gotten to where alot of the times someone yells out spawn camper I get to the point of
just ignoring it. I know that's not the best thing to do since I am a mod but it sure gets old when someone is
"supposedly" spawn camping and turns out they're not. Now with hackers.. that's completely different.
I'll spec as soon as something is said or if I'm killed my them. If they are hacking... INSTABAN! :banned:

Goss400

|KKK| Member and Official post whore
Former Krew Member
It was happening yesterday in s1 :(

Sent from goss' iPod touch using Tapatalk

CiTyCHiLD

Second Lieutenant
Former Krew Member
Yup man, don't worry if someone calls you out for spawn camping when you are not. I'm sure a mod will be able to tell the difference. We tell people what spawn killing is all the time but there is always that one guy who doesn't get it lol.

RikuX2

Second Lieutenant
whats the difference between peanut butter and jam? You can't peanut butter your dick someone up the ass.
That immediately came to mind when i read the statement above.
never-the-less!
From what i read (mostly tl;dr) good distinction.

Reactions: AVC
Top Bottom