Forum Security Update & Issues

WaLLy

Lieutenant General
|K3| Executive
Hey everyone,

There was a new update for the update. Mainly the update fixes forum vulnerability. Anyway, with every update some new features are added to the forum. Look at this video for the main added features:

If you watched the video, the new CKEditor is freaking awesome! Works wonderfully!

With that said, the new features are great and all but with new updates comes forum modification incompatibilities. I found one trying to write this thread already and I'll begin a list so that you guys are aware 'em. I will also mark 'em as solved once they're fixed. So if you see anything weird/wrong/fucked-up on the forum, please try to get a screenshot so I/we could have a better understanding of the issue. Thanks!

-Quick Reply / Advanced Reply icons aren't really visible in non-default themes [SOLVED]
-Home tab doesn't work [SOLVED]
-favicon is missing [SOLVED]

Last edited:

DamageINC

K3's Useless Admin
|K3| Executive
About half the pages pop up "are you sure you want to leave this page" after i close them. Now its popping up when i hit post quick reply keeping me from posting. Have to refresh page.

Ethan

Captain
Former Krew Member
Cool beans! I know it is not used often, and doesn't relate to the forum, but the arcade page is fukd up. I don't know how easy it can be fixed or what not, and it also could be my mild OCD kicking in, but whatever. :smug:

WaLLy

Lieutenant General
|K3| Executive
About half the pages pop up "are you sure you want to leave this page" after i close them. Now its popping up when i hit post quick reply keeping me from posting. Have to refresh page.

What theme are you using? I experience that whenever I click inside the quick reply box like if I'm going to type something but at the end, I don't. It's basically a fail safe of "you typed something, are you sure you want to leave without submitting?" sort-of thing.

Cool beans! I know it is not used often, and doesn't relate to the forum, but the arcade page is fukd up. I don't know how easy it can be fixed or what not, and it also could be my mild OCD kicking in, but whatever. :smug:

Just looked at it now, and that's how it's supposed to look. At the moment, there aren't any updates for that forum modification, but normally if I think something is weird, I try to see it in the default theme. If they match, then more than likely it's OK.

btw, it looks fine to me.

Ethan

Captain
Former Krew Member
Just looked at it now, and that's how it's supposed to look. At the moment, there aren't any updates for that forum modification, but normally if I think something is weird, I try to see it in the default theme. If they match, then more than likely it's OK.

btw, it looks fine to me.

It must be my computer, or theme, but i will go look into it. Thank you.

DamageINC

K3's Useless Admin
|K3| Executive
I'm using the BF3 theme. It happened to me last night after i typed in something and hit submit. I had to refresh, click leave page, then re-do it. I'm still getting the pop up at times when i click to leave a page. Maybe it's because i open threads in new tabs? Anyways, not a really a big thing.

felon

I'm back :)
Former Krew Member
Random error when trying to reply in a thread?

About two thirds of the time, with the new posting thing, when i try to post it comes up with a dialogue box saying "do you want to leave the page".

No matter whether I click yes or no, the forums shut and it doesn't post.

Very strange :D any ideas on what's happening? it was always fine until we got the new poster thing.

felon

CiTyCHiLD

Second Lieutenant
Former Krew Member
After you click post are you leaving the page? I'm just asking because maybe you are pushing post, but the message isn't done posting before you click home or what ever.

Top Bottom