Lag getting you Down? Slow graphics making you look like a noob? read on...

M

Muu

Here are explained some console commands that when imput should speed up your gaming experience significantly:

into console:
/r_drawdecals 0 (some servers don't like people using this so Punkbuster bans you :\)
/Rate 25000
/Cl_MaxPackets 100
/Com_MaxFPS 125
/cg_fov 80
/r_dof_enable 0
_______
Model Detail = Normal (Punkbuster kicks for low in some servers)
_______
The commands should automatically work every time.

/r_drawdecals 0
Basically removes all the crap on the roads and buildings.

/Rate 25000
Makes your connection to the server faster.

/Cl_MaxPackets 100
This is just how much data you send to the server (100 is the most), so with it high your bullet registration will increase etc.

/Com_MaxFPS 125
Makes your frames per second be able to reach 125.

/cg_fov 80
Increases your field of view so you can see more on either side.

/r_dof_enable 0
With it set on 1, your gun looks blurry when you look down the sights, on 0 it looks sharper.

________
If you want to run in video mode:
/r_fullscreen 0 ( switching this to 1 will turn back to fullscreen )
IMPORTANT:
you will need to restart ( /vid_restart ) before the video mode will be enabled/disabled and for some of the other changes to take effect.

All credit goes to falcon0408 for these.
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/939217-call-of-duty-4-modern-warfare/48366446

MasterCLiP

Resident Brony
Former Krew Member
Thanx Joe, does anyone know the console command to disable muzzle flash? It helps when the game automatically does it some times.

M

Muu

This is the final edit of the last post, didn't mean to post the 1st one listed right below this one.

CiTyCHiLD

Second Lieutenant
Former Krew Member
Lol I like the title to this thread. It makes it sound like a infomercial or something.

P.s I love this new text box.

Slaya

Sergeant
Former Krew Member
Punkbuster (on some servers) will just kick you for 2-5 mins, not a ban for using r_drawdecals 0
Also if you have a faster computer you could try /com_maxfps 250/333/500

---------- Post added at 02:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:32 PM ----------

Nice post :)

Also setting cod4 to high priority decreased my ping by 15-20
that + a piece of tape for xhair = GG

Hc has no crosshair for a reason... In my opinion using a piece of tape is cheating

WaLLy

Lieutenant General
|K3| Executive
Who needs a piece of tape when they can just use the red dot attachment? :giggle:

No Mercy

Master Sergeant
|K3| Member
|K3| Media Team
Thanks Muu!! My laptop is really shitty and runs cod on low 800 x 600 at about 20 FPS (Before) and now it runs about 50 FPS (now).

May I also add, You guys should get 'Game Booster' which should improve your fps alot more. It just turns off all the unnecessary applications and programs which are running.

Goss400

|KKK| Member and Official post whore
Former Krew Member
Link? Is it for Mac?

---
- Sent from goss' iPod touch using Tapatalk

No Mercy

Master Sergeant
|K3| Member
|K3| Media Team
Im not really sure, But im certain its for windows. If you guys want the CD key for Game Booster heres one... (44814-D56A7-A585F-873B2) I think its multi-use for about 20 people :) Just enter in the 'Upgrade now' spot

RaZeR

Sergeant
OMG :veryhappy: i couldn't figure out why my sights were constantly blurry. i couldn't see anything down them so this has really saved me :D thank you!
:thanks:

Top Bottom