[SOLVED] BSOD error

Status
Not open for further replies.

MacMillan

Private First Class
I have a desktop with Blue Screen Of Death (BSOD) and the reason i got it was because i used a program called CCleaner. While i was using it the blue screen came up and then i tryed to start my desktop up again and i got boot manager missing, i tryed installing new OS and recovery disks and non of those worked. I think i need a new hard drive but i dont know. Is there a way i can fix it without a new hard drive or is there anything i can do to fix it?
Thanks!

DamageINC

K3's Useless Admin
|K3| Executive
Odd that when you re-installed your OS the boot manager wasn't restored. Do you have two HDDs? CCcleaner might have done the disk wipe utility or something. Installing a new Operating system should do the trick. You can try putting linux onto a CD/DVD and booting from your CD rom drive. That way you should be able to at least get your files if they are not already gone. Try totally formatting the drive then reinstalling the OS.

517Houston

|KKK| Gaming Legend
|K3| Member
CCleaner is an excellent program and I never heard it doing this.. You might have done something you should not have

MacMillan

Private First Class
Yea i might have but idk, i think i told it to wipe everything, i have a new hard drive and im going to put that in and reinstall Win7 Ult. , ill update you all on it if it works or not

Joe Momma

First Lieutenant
Former Krew Member
CCleaner is an excellent program and I never heard it doing this.. You might have done something you should not have

CCleaner actually does do this from time to time, which is why it recommends that you backup your registry before using it.

---------- Post added at 07:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:01 AM ----------

Mac why didn't the restore disks work? Did they just not boot or what?

Nabil

Staff Sergeant
dude why?? You could have just took the hdd to another computer, format it there then install it in the HDD.

MacMillan

Private First Class
Computer fixed!

My recent thread asked how to fix my BSOD. Well i got a new hard drive, restored it, then ran win7 and now it works like a beauty so thanks everyone for advice!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom