Upgrading my LAPTOP CPU to run more games?

No Mercy

Master Sergeant
|K3| Member
|K3| Media Team
Hey guys :)

~~~~~~~~~~PLEASE NOTE ITS A LAPTOP/NOTEBOOK CPU I'M LOOKING FOR~~~~~~~~~~~

Ive had my Toshiba Satellite L500D for 2 -3 years now and I need to upgrade my laptop CPU as my one now is wearing down. I know how to take my laptop apart and fit the CPU, but I dont know if my CPU ( AMD Athlon X2 QL-67) is upgradable. Ive googled for a couple of hours now and I haven't found one bit of useful information. Could you also find me a cheap but powerful CPU (something cheaper than $150 AUD ($161.00 USD) )

Also some do's and don'ts of buying and installing a LAPTOP CPU

stevo

eh
Former Krew Member
you would prob be better off buying a new laptop, its not often I see people upgrading there laptops, theres even some laptops that the cpu is actually soldered to the motherboard. Unless you had a simalar laptop with spare parts to experiment on this I would leave it as is, or just invest in a newer laptop. Laptops are also down in price you can get a quad core for a decent price now a days. Hope this helps and good luck!

No Mercy

Master Sergeant
|K3| Member
|K3| Media Team
Thanks, If I loose 10 KG, my dad will buy me a new computer. I am planning to get this...

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Motherboard:

ASUS M4A78T-E Motherboard ($100)

CPU:

AMD Athlon II X4 640 Quad Core Processor - 3.00GHz ($100)

RAM:

Corsair XMS3 4GB Dual Channel DDR3 RAM ($48)

Video Card:

MSI Radeon HD 5670 1024MB ($100)

Hard Drive:

Western Digital Caviar Black 500 GB ($55)

DVD Burner:

ASUS DRW-24B1ST DVD Burner ($20)

Case:

Thermaltake V3 Black Edition Mid Tower Case ($50)

Power Supply:

Corsair CMPSU-450VX 450-Watt ($55)

TOTAL COST: $528 (USD)

Last edited:

AVC

Banned
The possibility of upgrading the CPU would depend on the motherboard and if it supports other CPUs, and if you can even buy them (CPU).
Most laptop hardware is proprietary stuff (made specifically for the brand). It's hard enough finding drivers to install a "normal" copy of Windows, to avoid all the factory bloatware.

Lose the 10 kilos. It will do you a world of good, and you get a new PC! woot! For a bit over $500 that's not too shabby.
Start drinking water (unless that's all you drink now)

Joe Momma

First Lieutenant
Former Krew Member
First of all, by the time you lose that 10KG there will be new hardware out and you will have a better selection to choose from. 2nd of all a 5 series ATI video card is garbage.

Reactions: AVC
Top Bottom